gauge set-ups

Cratos

Reaction score
ok I have ordered my 2012 lets see you gauge set-ups. I must do gauges first !! as you can see from my old turck I like lots of info on the dash :)

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
im just running a mini max for tuning and gauges done have actual gagues like auto meters if thats what your wanting to see. i havent seen anyone yet install gauges on the pillar or anywhere else on a 6.7 yet.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
im just running a mini max for tuning and gauges don't have actual gagues like auto meters if thats what your wanting to see. i havent seen anyone yet install gauges on the pillar or anywhere else on a 6.7 yet.

:stupid:

Edge CTS i think makes a good gauge if your not wanting a tuner

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
Aeroforce interceptor if still wNt actual gauge looks. You can get a pair of em, mount in gauge mounts and read info off the OBD like and insight does. On my 08 i have auto meter boost and EGT and an aeroforce interceptor. Its a good set up im happy with it so far.

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
The egt gauge is the same as the boost wanted to give a closer pic of the interceptor

On the interceptor i have mine set up to read oil temp, water temp, fuel temp, tranny temp, rail pressure, boost, egt and injector pulse width. Theres more paraneters to pick from then the ones i have. And the buttons on each side scroll through the parameters so you can change what youre looking at. Also has a cyclic scan function where itll take 8 parameters and cycle through them automatically and you pick how long it stays on the parameters before it changes. Havent played with it a whole lot yet can also do 0-60 and estimated horsepower and stuff. Can do fuel economy. I just chose it cause ive always been partial to gauges. I dont like the wy the h&s's and livewires look when you just have em sittin on the dash or however ya mount em. You can also get the interceptors in a pair and see more parameters at once. I just got one cause i wanted boost and egt to have their own gauge. The interceptor also come with a piece to change the background around the screen to white and you also choose what color screen you want when you order as well as the bezel. So you can pretty well match any gauge set ya want

Attachments

• 2012-09-09_16-10-02_271.jpg
    2012-09-09_16-10-02_271.jpg
    1,007.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 2012-09-09_16-09-36_353.jpg
    2012-09-09_16-09-36_353.jpg
    990.6 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

Cratos

Reaction score
so if i get one of the plug and play type where is the egt prob that the truck reads up by the turbo or down at the dpf? I hope the truck reads from up top so it is a true reading of the turbo. I tow a lot and like to know what the temp is on the hills.so I can back down before things get TOOOO hot.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Dealer never saw it so no. I don't think just the sensor would, but if you run the h&S product with it then it may since they are capable of tuning the truck. I am not sure what other stuff/ gauges the pyro will work with. it has 2 wires on it with loops on the end that go to a little box then it uses a mini usb to connect to the Mini Maxx to give a pyro reading

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
looked at the aeroforce, according to the application guide it don't cover the 6.7 I'm sure if you call them...

WHY NOT

Reaction score
the edge cts will monitor off the factory EGT probes. But, there is not a factory egt probe pre turbo, which is where everyone says you get the most accurate EGT readings

Reaction score
the edge cts will monitor off the factory EGT probes. But, there is not a factory egt probe pre turbo, which is where everyone says you get the most accurate EGT readings

Okay yeah i didnt think there was a pre egt probe on this motor, but at least it gives me some information to look at!

Latest posts

Members online