2000 to 2005-07 Headlight Conversion

Stroker67

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm wanting to change my 2000 headlights out to headlights from an 05-07 body style. How hard is it to modify the 2000 header panel for the lights? Also what else will I need to make the lights work? I don't ever plan on putting HIDs in it or anything, just regular bulbs. Pics or links to pics and some instructions would be fantastic, but as always, any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Tyler

Reaction score
All you will need is an adapter harness( alot of the sponsors on here sell them in the px) and just need to cut out enough for the 05-07 lights to fit, pretty much a big square.

Stroker67

Reaction score
So no crazy cuts? Just enough for the lights to fit flush? Will the lights bolt up in pretty much the same spots? or am i gonna have to find a way to attach the lights?

Reaction score
lights wont bolt up in the same places, will use two bottom most holes for the corners if i can remember correctly and the tops mount to two holes on top of the header panel

Stroker67

Reaction score
Holes already there? or am i gonna have to make new holes? Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure all my ducks are in a row before i go spending cash and cutting stuff lol.

Thanks for the Link!

Last edited:
Reaction score
the holes are already there, you will use the two bottom ones that used to hold the corner lights on and .in the second picutre in the link youll see one of the holes on the top right corner that you will use for the upper mounting.

only pic i have of the upper mounting tabs, sorry its only the one side but all i saved to my photobucket acct

014.jpg

99F250Smitty

Reaction score
Ty,

Check out my post on that link, cut exactly where those lines are in those pics, and you will have no problem. If you have any more questions, get at me, I've done a few trucks, first truck took me about 3 hours, now its under an hour, its easy.

Stroker67

Reaction score
Ty,

Check out my post on that link, cut exactly where those lines are in those pics, and you will have no problem. If you have any more questions, get at me, I've done a few trucks, first truck took me about 3 hours, now its under an hour, its easy.

Feel like making a trip to the commonwealth Bri? lol

99F250Smitty

Reaction score
It really isn't bad at all Ty.

take your old headlights out, mark those lines on the header panel, cut them, install new lights.

I used a rotozip to follow the lines, dust goes everywhere too, lol.

Latest posts

Members online