Project: Cumm-a-long

Cory S

Reaction score
I picked this truck up today for 5k (will need any bodys input I am new to cummins)

Truck: 95 2500 eclb P-pump 12v came with 100hp injectors, built tranny, and a bunch of pennys and trash

Goal: build a 1000rwhp drag truck

Cosmetic:
- Paint Gun Metal Mono chromatic (picked up the truck and took it straight to maccos)
- Interior seats headliner and carpet black (going straight to my interior guy one it is picked up from paint)
- new tires (new nittos sitting in the shop ready to go on)
- all new lights ordered
- cage

Engine plan:
- motor is coming out
- billet push rods
- valve springs, billet retainers & keepers
- cam
- P&P head
- balanced bottom end
- pistons (not sure which ones)
- 4kgsk
- Fire ring head
- i know i am missing stuff open to all suggestions

Fuel:
- pump will be sent out to Sheid
- injectors (havent Decided)
- airdog 150 for the LP system

Air:
- twin kit built by me
- Billet s364/s480
- S.S manifold built by me
- Nitrous

Drivetrain:
- fully built tranny with manual VB
- one piece drive shaft
- Dana 80
E-83E8-435A-B8DB-DFD11017724F-826-0000005C6C83E5A6.jpg

Mikeh1725

Reaction score
If its not going to be a dd, I'd go with a 13mm pump.

Also, check out comp d, a build called "junker drag truck". Awesome build on a strict budget.

Cory S

Reaction score
If its not going to be a dd, I'd go with a 13mm pump.

Also, check out comp d, a build called "junker drag truck". Awesome build on a strict budget.

I really appreciate it I will have to check it out!

Sent from my Motorola razr (flip phone)

Mikeh1725

Reaction score
I don't have much experience with 12 valves, but I loved both of my 03 commonrails.

They make perfect competition trucks, but DD they don't hold a candle to Ford.

Cory S

Reaction score
I don't have much experience with 12 valves, but I loved both of my 03 commonrails.

They make perfect competition trucks, but DD they don't hold a candle to Ford.

I will agree! Love my 6.4

Sent from my Motorola razr (flip phone)

blackbetty13

Reaction score
Not to derail but I've heard some bad things about macco. Can anyone put in there 2 cents. I don't want this thread to get off subject I'm just curious for my own knowledge

Cory S

Reaction score
Not to derail but I've heard some bad things about macco. Can anyone put in there 2 cents. I don't want this thread to get off subject I'm just curious for my own knowledge

have had 2 other truck painted there. not bad. but again its a race truck not a dd so i dont really care

Not a bad buy for 5k. Should be bitching

thanks J it was good talking to you this morning. forgot to ask you about cummins parts

I took the liberty to fix the title. lol

thank you sir

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Thats a pretty good deal on an old 12v in good shape! It also sounds like your plans are headed in the right direction.

Stainless

Reaction score
I picked this truck up today for 5k (will need any bodys input I am new to cummins)

Truck: 95 2500 eclb P-pump 12v came with 100hp injectors, built tranny, and a bunch of pennys and trash

Goal: build a 1000rwhp drag truck

Cosmetic:
- Paint Gun Metal Mono chromatic (picked up the truck and took it straight to maccos)
- Interior seats headliner and carpet black (going straight to my interior guy one it is picked up from paint)
- new tires (new nittos sitting in the shop ready to go on)
- all new lights ordered
- cage

Engine plan:
- motor is coming out
- billet push rods
- valve springs, billet retainers & keepers
- cam
- P&P head(This makes a HUGE difference in a 12v, I've heard figures tossed around of a 25% flow change)
- balanced bottom end (You're gonna love this! I couldn't believe the difference it made in mine)
- pistons (not sure which ones)
- 4kgsk (5k)
- Fire ring head
- i know i am missing stuff open to all suggestions

Fuel:
- pump will be sent out to Sheid(Is price not a concern? They do great work, but you will pay)
- airdog 150 for the LP system(Check out mechanical lift pumps)

Air:
- twin kit built by me
- Billet s364/s480(Personally I'd look into a HE351-S362-S363/68 over a S483-88)
- S.S manifold built by me
- Nitrous

Drivetrain:
- fully built tranny with manual VB
- one piece drive shaft
- Dana 80

Just tossing a few ideas out there.

Cory S

Reaction score
Just tossing a few ideas out there.

Fuel:
- pump will be sent out to Sheid(Is price not a concern? They do great work, but you will pay)

any more info on this that would be great i just wasnt sure who else does pump work, can they mod it to a 13mm pump or is a 13mm pump a totally different pump? and recommend an inj size?

and any more info on that turbo set up your talking about would be great

please excuse my ignorance i am new to the cummins world

Stainless

Reaction score
Fuel:

any more info on this that would be great i just wasnt sure who else does pump work, can they mod it to a 13mm pump or is a 13mm pump a totally different pump? and recommend an inj size?

and any more info on that turbo set up your talking about would be great

please excuse my ignorance i am new to the cummins world

Garrett is right about Seth at DPE for pump work, great guy to deal with! 13mm is the same pump body with different internals. What this comes down to though is budget, if you don't mind dropping some extra coin the big guys do fantastic work.

The turbo set ups I'm talking about there are geared towards your 1khp goal, on fuel only. The 480 is a great charger, but just not ideal for that much power. This will also depend on budget. The HE351 is a stock turbo off of a 04.5-07 Cummins, it's a nearly indestructible 60mm charger that can be found for 300 bucks. Obviously budget friendly and I have seen them paired with bigger than 90mm turbos with great luck! In fact my old truck just got a HE351/488 this week and he is a member here. After that you could run S362 or S363/68. Those also spool up great! Are you worried about drive-ability off the track? Have you put any thought into T3 or T4 chargers?

Cory S

Reaction score
Garrett is right about Seth at DPE for pump work, great guy to deal with! 13mm is the same pump body with different internals. What this comes down to though is budget, if you don't mind dropping some extra coin the big guys do fantastic work.

The turbo set ups I'm talking about there are geared towards your 1khp goal, on fuel only. The 480 is a great charger, but just not ideal for that much power. This will also depend on budget. The HE351 is a stock turbo off of a 04.5-07 Cummins, it's a nearly indestructible 60mm charger that can be found for 300 bucks. Obviously budget friendly and I have seen them paired with bigger than 90mm turbos with great luck! In fact my old truck just got a HE351/488 this week and he is a member here. After that you could run S362 or S363/68. Those also spool up great! Are you worried about drive-ability off the track? Have you put any thought into T3 or T4 chargers?

it wont be a DD mostly track. the truck has a he351 on it right now from the previous owner. i am looking for 1000 on fuel and then some spray after that. i assumed t4 was the way to go?? i am open to any and all suggestions for sure.

and if you know know of some good online stores to do some shopping that would be awesome! i really appreciate all the help!

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
63/68 with an 88 would make a nice 1000hp on fuel set. Maybe a new ETR thumper, that would be nice with a 62-63.

What is your budget like?

Garrett

encrypted with an enigma machine

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.