Thoughts on Edge CTS

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
You know the surveys that companies ask you to fill out for "a chance to win $$$"? Well for the longest time I figured I was just wasting my time because I never won. The only reason I ever filled them out was because I know companies appreciate it.

Anyways, after years of filling them out every time I was asked to, I won $500 in Custom Diesel brand stuff. I bought my leveling kit through them a while ago, and the survey was literally only 4 questions long.

Last week I got an email from one of their associates letting me know that I had won. At first I thought the e-mail was spam so I called her direct number and found out it definitely wasn't a scam. Awesome right!?

Well it turns out the only thing that is Custom Diesel brand for my 2001 7.3 was the leveling kit I already have LOL. Their other branded products include EGR deletes and that type of stuff.

I was pretty bummed because I figured there was no exception to the prize and I would end up getting a few 6.0 EGR deletes to resell. After letting her know about my dilemma she said she would see what she could do for me. 2 days later she contacted me letting me know that the higher ups said I could get anything I wanted that they carried regardless of what brand. If that isn't customer service I don't know what is!

I was like a kid in a candy store searching their online store. After a few hours I decided I was going to go with an Edge Insight CTS. I called them up and they had it shipped out that same day.

Now to the point of my thread... Guys who have these, how do you like them? How did you mount yours? Is it worth it to get the EAS stuff?

Reaction score
i love mine... you will need the eas if you want to read egt temps... they make a dash mount for it that will make the install a lot cleaner.... if not you will have to suction cup it to the windshield

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
i love mine... you will need the eas if you want to read egt temps... they make a dash mount for it that will make the install a lot cleaner.... if not you will have to suction cup it to the windshield

I have a 4 pillar pod with GlowShift gauges right now. I have had no issues at all with them and would definitely keep them if I didn't win this. The main reason I chose the CTS was because I love the look of it and it is so much cleaner looking than the quad pod. I also like the fact that it can read/clear codes, read IPR, ICP, IPW, etc...

Do you carry the dash mount Raul? If so, do you have a pic of yours?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
i run one in my 6.0 with a triple pillar set up also, i ended up making a bracket that mounts under the sunvisor mount so it sits right above my guages, nice clean and functional. Love the monitor, so many guages can be monitored.

Dave

Reaction score
I love mine in my 6.0. One of the best things I ever got to add to it.

It doesnt monitor quite as much in the 7.3 but it should do everything you need it to

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
I use in my truck and love it...havent used the newest update yet tho. I will when my truck is up and running

java

Reaction score
I have one and love it. I am also running a 4 gauge pod so i have it on the windshield for now.. I eventually want to put it in a pod above the rear view mirror, that looks pretty slick imo.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I am really looking forward to getting it. I figure I will just sell my quad pod with the Glowshift gauges and put that money towards the EAS so I can watch EGT's.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Well I got the CTS installed last night. Damn that thing is awesome! The only thing I see wrong is boost, but I have heard that is an issue with pretty much all of the digital style monitoring because it reads through the MAP sensor. I think mine is about 8 psi off.

I will definitely be getting the EAS system as soon as I sell my other gauges.

Latest posts

Members online