Keystone body parts???????

Jason

Reaction score
Alright guys, Keystone said they can get me Harley headlights, Harley grille with chrome surround (chrome package grille), '05-'07 front bumper (chrome with paintable pad), header panel, and all 4 bumper mounts for $800. They can have these items next day delivered. I talked to my paint and body guy and he said as long as they are kapa, that they will be okay. Otherwise, they will not fit properly. He also noted...that there are differences in oem parts and theirs, due to not being able to make oem correct parts due to trade marking or something. I don't want parts that are OBVIOUSLY not right. Has anybody had experience with parts from them? Good or bad??

Please help me from making a mistake guys!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Alright guys, Keystone said they can get me Harley headlights, Harley grille with chrome surround (chrome package grille), '05-'07 front bumper (chrome with paintable pad), header panel, and all 4 bumper mounts for $800. They can have these items next day delivered. I talked to my paint and body guy and he said as long as they are kapa, that they will be okay. Otherwise, they will not fit properly. He also noted...that there are differences in oem parts and theirs, due to not being able to make oem correct parts due to trade marking or something. I don't want parts that are OBVIOUSLY not right. Has anybody had experience with parts from them? Good or bad??

Please help me from making a mistake guys!

stay OEM dude. JMO

David S.

Reaction score
can't beat OEM parts or quality. There cheap knock-off's for a reason.

1badpsd

Reaction score
I've bought from them before fit just as good as what it replaced. I know anymore alot of body shops will use aftermarket parts unless you tell them you want oem. I see keystone vans at bodyshops around me all the time

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
I've had bad experience with sorta-fit (certi-fit) but I've had great luck with Keystone. JMO. Their hood fit as well as my OEM. Not perfect but very well made.

KPSquared

Reaction score
There was an article in one of the diesel mags on a 05-07 front end upgrade. They used everything from Keystone and it all fit great. I have heard lots of good about their parts.

OEM's hate them...

Rodslinger

Reaction score
The CAPA parts are ok. Not great, just ok. Header panels work good but, lights, bumpers and sheetmetal are hit or miss. Lights seem to haze faster. Some don't match up to the body lines well after you get them pointing strait. Some don't even point strait. Sheetmetal is thinner, dents easier. Bumpers seem to have crappy chrome, lots of polish marks. Like others have said. Pay cheap and weep. You get what you pay for.

Last edited:

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
The CAPA parts are ok. Not great, just ok. Header panels work good but, lights, bumpers and sheetmetal are hit or miss. Lights seem to haze faster. Some don't match up to the body lines well after you get them pointing strait. Some don't even point strait. Sheetmetal is thinner, dents easier. Bumpers seem to have crappy chrome, lots of polish marks. Like others have said. Pay cheap and weep. You get what you pay for.

Can't really argue with any of that.

Jason

Reaction score
Good info, thanks alot guys. I'm not trying to cheapie anything, I haven't done that yet on this truck. I guess I'll try to find some good oem sources....new, not used.

Anybody got a Harley truck I could use the vin to? Lol

Layson

Reaction score
You could probably order some of it. Only thing I would be leary of is the upper valance. Those seem to be a hit or mis.. even OEM parts. Some have a nice wave to them. Seen grilles like that too... Headlights??? no idea. Probably ok??

Strokin Platinum

Reaction score
The bodyshop i use to work at used keystone for everything unless they were asked for oem. It seemed decent quality and we didn't really have any issues.

Latest posts

Members online