Gearhead tuning

Badge

Reaction score
its time to get my chip custom tuned. i have contacted gearhead and they seem like a good choice, is anybody running there tunes with a similar setup as mine. or if anybody has any other tuners that work good with my setup im all ears.

Thanks Quin

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
Very much so the drivability it way better. The dp on my truck made 438 778 two weeks ago I think gearheads tunes are I rid bit stronger.

bad12jr

Reaction score
I don't have even close to the same setup but I will say. Matt has some of the best customer service I've ever seen. I have his tunes but haven't got to run them yet because the motor is still out.

Badge

Reaction score
sounds like im probably going with matt @ gearhead. thanks for the quick responses guys.

Whytry

Reaction score
John Robertson has almost the same set up as you and he loves matts tunes and i have them on my truck and love them. you won't be disappointed.

John@Outlaw_Diesel

Reaction score
You will love his tunes, very clean and drive ability is great. I would however say his tunes are more conservative on power. If you are looking for heavy fueling and maybe that few extra hp you can make, I would go with beans, PHP or TW. They seem to fuel harder than Matt's tunes down low. Don't get me wrong, with my stage 2's it still fueled great, but still felt like there was power on the table that wasn't being used. For my Hybrids, he said the tune he wrote would be right around 450hp and what do you know it hit 454 hp on the dyno! He is spot on with what he says and is very knowledgeable. If you wan't drive ability and reliability I would definitely go with his tunes.

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
Just cause it aint smokin like a pig dont mean it aint there trust me. I do agree his dont fuel as hard down low as tonys did but i found it spooled faster that way.

02BigD

Reaction score
I have 100% nozzle hybrids. I have the tune from Matt that I dyno'd with, and I have 2 other chips for these injectors. On 50-100 pulls, Matt's are as fast or faster consistently. Basically smokeless once the turbo lites, and with the lower bottom end fueling, the turbo spools better on the street. EGT's are way lower as well.

There is no doubt that the other options I have feel like they have more grunt down low. However, the cost of the higher levels of smoke and higher egt's aren't worth it in my case. I can't be running around my community puffing smoke.

Badge

Reaction score
well i want a good solid tune for pulling and dyno runs i was hoping 425 give or take with my current setup. so for what i use this truck for which is just on the weekend and i dont really care if it smoke or has terrible driving manners all i do is pull this truck and phuck around. so would the tuning be what i want or is somebody better for what i want

02BigD

Reaction score
No matter who you go with, clearly explaining your goals for the truck, and how it will be used, will allow the tuner to get the most out of the truck.

Badge

Reaction score
I have 100% nozzle hybrids. I have the tune from Matt that I dyno'd with, and I have 2 other chips for these injectors. On 50-100 pulls, Matt's are as fast or faster consistently. Basically smokeless once the turbo lites, and with the lower bottom end fueling, the turbo spools better on the street. EGT's are way lower as well.

There is no doubt that the other options I have feel like they have more grunt down low. However, the cost of the higher levels of smoke and higher egt's aren't worth it in my case. I can't be running around my community puffing smoke.

see i don't drive this truck a whole lot and in my community as long as you don't cause a wreck your fine. i understand alot of you guys have to tune out the smoke because of where you live or for egt's but i only drive this truck on Friday night or truck pulling so im not to worried about the smoke and egt's as long as im getting the power

Latest posts

Members online