Turbo wheel switch.....

Spatel23

Reaction score
I dont know alot about turbos and sizing so I figured I would try and get some feedback and suggestions here.

I am currently running Elites Max Power turbos which are 66 and 82.

What driveability concerns if any would arise from switching the 66 to a 71?

Would it be worth the effort as far as power goes? Keep in mind this truck is my daily driver. How bad would spool up be effected say from stop light to stop light?

Thanks for any input.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I think it would be do able, but you would have to make sure the 71 is a vgt/ ball bearing with a good wheel lol. I thought you were done with big power?! :poke: haha maybe you should go back to the tahoe LOL

Either way Im pretty sure you'd notice it. You could look into cam stuff and a pretty loose converter to mak it work. I bet it would pull like crazy on the top end tho...

White_monster

Reaction score
Speak with Tadd. There's gonna be some lag increase but how much I'm not sure. I bet Tadd has some ideas about this. He's currently building my max powers right now so maybe I should call him tomorrow. Hmmmm.

Matt

Reaction score
I doubt you would gain anything except a little lag. As long as the 66 isn't restricting the 82, I don't see a point to go up.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i should be able to tell you how laggy it is in the next couple weeks but honestly the turbine being the same and vgt, i cant see it doing to much for lag... but i dunno, i also dont know if your really going to gain much power... i think if i were you i would try to get a billet 66 for that turbo

Spatel23

Reaction score
How do the turbos feel with that current setup Shone ?

They feel great....Im just always looking for more:doh:

I think it would be do able, but you would have to make sure the 71 is a vgt/ ball bearing with a good wheel lol. I thought you were done with big power?! :poke: haha maybe you should go back to the tahoe LOL

Either way Im pretty sure you'd notice it. You could look into cam stuff and a pretty loose converter to mak it work. I bet it would pull like crazy on the top end tho...

I like to say Im done adding but I just cant leave well enough alone.
The ole tahoe rental..LOL

Im leaning towards just leaving it alone.

Dustin, what would the specific advantages of a billet wheel for the 66 be?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
They feel great....Im just always looking for more:doh:

I like to say Im done adding but I just cant leave well enough alone.
The ole tahoe rental..LOL

Im leaning towards just leaving it alone.

Dustin, what would the specific advantages of a billet wheel for the 66 be?

it would move more air, possibly the same amount of air the 71 wheel would. if it were me, and i already made 900 on fuel... i'd leave it be.

BFT

Reaction score
i would pay more attention on trying to get a set of nice flowing aheads (when they are available) and then see about moving more air

Spatel23

Reaction score
it would move more air, possibly the same amount of air the 71 wheel would. if it were me, and i already made 900 on fuel... i'd leave it be.

I should probably just take the advice you gave me earlier:poke: but you know I gotta over think everything.

Looks like I'll finally get to see that beautiful beast of yours Sat.

LOL I hear they may line up aswell:D Yall have fun

i would pay more attention on trying to get a set of nice flowing aheads (when they are available) and then see about moving more air

I hear ya.......just tell me where to send the check

Latest posts

Members online