Ennis Cookout Info

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
ok folks...if you want Chris' meat in and around your face, this is the place for you.

i talked to him and he needs to get the cookout info set up for Ennis. we tried to do this earlier this spring so in order to avoid another disaster, Chris will be taking money through paypal ONLY and it must be sent before the race. He won't be taking any cash the day of. He'll be cooking lunch at the track and another big cookout at the Quality Inn in the back lot that evening. $35 for both meals or $20 for one or the other.

It will be some sort of smorgasbord of beef or pork but he'll chime in with menu specifics. it's not going to be frozen burgers and hot dogs....Chris doesn't roll like that.

shoot him an email with your paypal to let him know who you are and what you've paid for.

[email protected] is the paypal and email.

lets eat.

melon.gif

JMart

Reaction score
Damn, for that price I will go to Texas de Brazil with the rest of them.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Paypal sent for both. Thanks Chris! Considering a burger at the track will be close to 10 bucks, Price is fine with me.

JMart

Reaction score
isn't that on Friday night?

those are the prices that Chris asked me to post. ill have to clarify the menu and everything else.

Probably, but I can get my leftovers to go and eat them Saturday and still come out on top. I just cant justify $70 for me and the wife to eat twice, or $40 to eat once. I can go out to eat and spend less than that. I will be drinking so I dont really care how great the food might be. I will be to drunk to notice.

I am out for sure on this one.

And didn't he bail on this last minute in April?

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
no he didn't bail at all...he was forced to by NHRDA. They wanted to make him pay a vendor's fee And submit tax info for a parking lot cookout. It was complete bull**** and totally not Chris' fault.

And you're right if you don't care about how it tastes then I wouldnt do this deal either. fortunately for Chris I think there's plenty of guys enjoy good food (pork tenderloin, steaks, etc)

I'll for sure do the evening cookout at the hotel.

JMart

Reaction score
no he didn't bail at all...he was forced to by NHRDA. They wanted to make him pay a vendor's fee And submit tax info for a parking lot cookout. It was complete bull**** and totally not Chris' fault.

And you're right if you don't care about how it tastes then I wouldnt do this deal either. fortunately for Chris I think there's plenty of guys enjoy good food (pork tenderloin, steaks, etc)

I'll for sure do the evening cookout at the hotel.

So how is this time different? Is he paying the vendor fee?

HVFC6040

Reaction score
So how is this time different? Is he paying the vendor fee?

I would think he would have to with the amount of money he will be making off this cookout.

While I am all for doing a cookout and having a great time, $20/35 is WAY too high. Even paying full price for high quality steaks there leaves plenty of room for profit. Not trying to be a spoil sport, but personally if I was the one doing the cooking I wouldnt charge that much.

I hope this isn't offensive, but that's just the way I see it. What ever happened to the good old days where everyone just came, cooked and hung out? It seems like these days every one is out to make a buck.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I personally say if you think it's too high...just don't sign up. Not really a big deal.

JMart

Reaction score
I would think he would have to with the amount of money he will be making off this cookout.

While I am all for doing a cookout and having a great time, $20/35 is WAY too high. Even paying full price for high quality steaks there leaves plenty of room for profit. Not trying to be a spoil sport, but personally if I was the one doing the cooking I wouldnt charge that much.

I hope this isn't offensive, but that's just the way I see it. What ever happened to the good old days where everyone just came, cooked and hung out? It seems like these days every one is out to make a buck.

That's kinda how I feel. If he has to pay the vendor fee's I can kinda understand a higher price, but wouldn't that mean dinner at the hotel would be cheaper? When we were talking about how big of a party it was going to be he mentioned he was bringing he grill and wood, I didn't realize that meant he was bringing a business as well.

I don't mind helping a guy out when we are all there to party, but I didn't know we were getting a caterer at this party.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
You guys that do want to eat...paypal as a gift so he dosent have fees.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
hell....i'm just the messenger here but I know that he isn't trying to make any money at all. I think he's doing sides too....not just meat.

and the reason it was an issue in April is because NHRDA thought he was setting up and taking $ at the event for profit. he's wasn't doing that then and isn't doing that now. I'll let him clarify everything but $20 for a pork tenderloin dinner is not out of line IMO.

mallardslayer07

Reaction score
1) PayPal avoids all problems with worrying about NHRDA. 2) It allows for me to keep tabs on who has payed. 3) I don't have to have a vendor pass if I am cooking for me and my buddies. I'm not going to have any strings attached.

As of now, this will also be the first menu I will be placing. It is looking lik I will be cooking smoked pork tenderloin, stuffed with pepperjack cheese, and my homemade raspberry chipotle BBQ sauce to compliment. I will also probably build jalepeno poppers which I will prepare the night before and chill. The poppers will be chicken, cream cheese wrapped in bacon. And then I will probably go and buy some cole slaw and or potato salad.

Secondly, (if I can make it happen) I will be bringing some steaks from a cut of beef we just had slaughtered. This will all depend on some situations panning out and how many people are in to eat. As always, I try to be as fair as possible. If you would rather spend your money elsewhere I understand. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347983150.989965.jpg

IMPORTANT!!!!!!- if you send me ur money on paypal and you wind up having a dilemma to where you can't make the event. I need to know prior to the purchase of the food so A) I can return ur money and B) I can remove you from the list. IF, you do not tell me by the date that will later be set I will NOT be able to refund you and you basically will have donated to the cause. I think this is pretty straight forward.

The picture attached in this message is an idea of what you can be looking forward to. I cooked last night. I cooked for 10 and we over cooked so we could all get together today and eat as well. We ate 4 lbs of poppers an the night started with 10 tenderloins. I also made an eclair cake that was completely eaten as well for dessert.

JMart

Reaction score
I personally say if you think it's too high...just don't sign up. Not really a big deal.

I'm sorry not all of us have deep pockets like you. This just feels like a slap in the face to me. All the excitement I had towards this weekend has just left.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I'm sorry not all of us have deep pockets like you. This just feels like a slap in the face to me. All the excitement I had towards this weekend has just left.

Dude why? I dont get it. Its just a guy offering to cook. There are plenty of other options there.

BTW..I wasnt taking a shot at you so dont know why you did at me.

mallardslayer07

Reaction score
JMart it's cool. Do the math on price, not pissing people off by coming up short on food, cost in ALL meat, hickory that I'm going to buy, drinks, plates, paper towels. In other words.....I'm not against "helping out a buddy" when it comes to cooking but I'm not donating a ****load if money to just say....I made it happen. Although I will say I usually have quite a bit tied up in it myself. Quite a bit more than most.

mallardslayer07

Reaction score
So, JMart I understand, it's not a problem. Look forward to seeing you there and feel free to come hang.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
The same PSA crowd is still gonna be standing around bull****ting some eating and some not. Its not gonna matter. very informal here.

Latest posts

Members online