5th wheel

Twan

Reaction score
Who pulls 5ths around 38' or bigger with a turned up 6.0, injectors and tuning. What are your temps, water/oil and egts? Would like to here from guys with trailers like mine, I have a 40' that is 16-17k loaded. I'm going to unload it and it should be around 13,500-14000 emtpy, to see how my temps do them.
Thanks.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I didnt have injectors in my 04 but towed a 3912 Cyclone. Innovative Tow Tuned, Intercooler, 4" TB, 4.56's with 35's, coolant filter since about 18000 miles after a flush.
She will get warm if you dont watch it. EGT I could get to 1300 pretty easy, tranny stayed cool as the 6.4 (I think Eric just has a gift for the tranny's). Coolant and Oil stayed in check from what I remember, as long as your oil cooler is still good. When I had 3.73's the tranny would start to warm up to 220 range from the down shifting, hills only. It is pretty hard pulls around me though.
Depending on the pin weight of that beast I would tow slow. I would guess it is in the 3500 range, which it can move the truck if it wants too. Also I loved Erics tow tune with turbo brake. Less down shifting on hills.

Latest posts

Members online