Comp 26120 beehives

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Don't think so, just need the retainers,seats and keepers for that specific spring

Why don't you just get 910s. Are motors don't see the rpms to make those worth the buy IMHO

V-Ref

Reaction score
910s will do fine

Not sure how you came to this conclusion. :confused: Can you clarify why "910s will do fine"?

Maybe you exchanged this info with him via PM...but wouldn't you need to know his proposed rpm range, drive/boost pressure range, and whether he had the know how/tools/desire to measure installed height, and shim them?

Not sharp shooting....:axe:..always ready to learn. But your post seem devoid of the above key components of his application to make that recommendation. :shrug:

Square me away.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Not sure how you came to this conclusion. :confused: Can you clarify why "910s will do fine"?

Maybe you exchanged this info with him via PM...but wouldn't you need to know his proposed rpm range, drive/boost pressure range, and whether he had the know how/tools/desire to measure installed height, and shim them?

Not sharp shooting....:axe:..always ready to learn. But your post seem devoid of the above key components of his application to make that recommendation. :shrug:

Square me away.

You are right. Should have asked what setup your going with.

But judging that guys with 400/400s and S480s are running them without problems, that being said they have to be installed properly.

Your installed height is the key parameter when installing them. Thats why I said 910s will do fine. I appologize for being vague.

That being said, I believe the beehive spring is designed for higher rpm. And Im talking 6-7k+

Seeing as a HUEI 7.3 for 99% of us don't see over 4000 on a good day I dont see the need to spend the extra effort when the 910s will in fact do just fine if installed correctly.

There are a couple great threads on PSN that explain this more in depth and get into the actually measurements of installed heights/shims and seat pounds to close the valve.

This thread has some good reading.

http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80523&highlight=comp+910s&page=2

Hope this helps, again to the OP sorry if I came across like an ass, didn't mean it to come out like that.

Big Bore

Reaction score
http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80523&highlight=comp+910s&page=2

Hope this helps, again to the OP sorry if I came across like an ass, didn't mean it to come out like that.

You didn't, no worries.

From the link:

If you have 50 to 60 lbs of boost and valve spring pressure of 110 on the seat, under boost, you really only have 50 to 60 lbs of spring seat pressure to close the valves. Marginal to deal with upper RPM levels.

JonFord

I'm going to be running 60-80 psi.

Stock is 95lbs right? subtract 21 psi on a good day (new motor turbo etc, I've seen it on mine) and you still have 74lbs of seat pressure at a max of 3K rpm. 110 minus 80psi leaves 30psi of seat pressure with somewhere around 4K rpm. Not gonna be near enough. Even at 60 psi boost you only have 50 psi seat pressure, thats not even close to stock seat pressure.

Latest posts

Members online