advice/idears

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Wanting to put a system in my truck without subs. I listen to up beat happy country, rock, and the occasional rap/hip hop. I want something that i can crank up loud with no distortion and still put out decent bass as well. Lets hear some thoughts

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
4 Focal speakers, alpine head unit, and a giant sub connected to all the speakers....

In all seriousness you wont get the greatest sound without a sub though. Even if you turn the sub down a little so the bass isnt as intense

cw96stroker

Reaction score
And really you don't have to have a HUGE sub smaller Sub/subs can still make some noise and have good quality especially if you get a ported box.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Alls i know is the bass the bose sound system in my duramax put out was enough. Same with my mas volvo s70

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
And i was already planning on an alpine deck! I dont want any subs because i pack crap behind and under my seats

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Ok well you can prolly get some good speakers hooked up to an amp an get good sound, maybe someone with more knowledge will Chime in an help ya out! Good luck ;)

jdc753

Reaction score
Alls i know is the bass the bose sound system in my duramax put out was enough. Same with my mas volvo s70

damn, well you sure are easy to please. LOL j/k

My buddy has the bose setup in his 05 silverado and I'll admit it works pretty good.

And i was already planning on an alpine deck! I dont want any subs because i pack crap behind and under my seats

should be doable, but to really go subless you'll need a good bit of work done to the doors to get the absolute most out of the mid speakers. Also do you happen to have a split bench seat with a center jump seat? or is it a bench across the front? I ask because if you had the jump seat and were willing to loose that seating spot it would work nicely for a sub and wouldn't make you loose room behind the seat. You'll need room for amps too but there are some really nice tiny amps out now that wouldn't take up too much room anywhere.

Alpine or Pioneer HU will be a solid start. From there a budget will really help for selecting the other components. A nice set of components will probably be in the $250 range, they can be had for less and for WAAY more but thats where the budget comes into play.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
It had straight benches but im gonna run 08 and newer KR captains front and rear with consoles. As far as doors go, im dynamatting the snot outta this thing. I dont want to hear a sound when the windows are up

jdc753

Reaction score
awesome start for sure. While your dynamatting them seal up the big holes (best is some sort of removable panel so its not semi perminant) decouple the speaker from the door metal and something like a dyna-sorb pad or deflex pad behind the speaker will finish up the door build.

If your interested you could easily get a sub into the 08 center console and still have a good amount of storage. It's how I have my truck setup, 0.93ft^3 sealed sub box and 4" of storage in the top of the console.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
I will remember covering the holes. Im also bed lining my floor, then dynamat, then pad, then carpet. Im bedlining the firewall inside and out and also the underside of the cab. I will dynamat over the bed liner on the inside of the firewall as well

jdc753

Reaction score
Last edited:

jdc753

Reaction score
Hard to pick just 1, personally I like second Skin damplifier pro, but its a bit pricier than fat mat or BXT.

I do have a bunch of RaamMat BXT in my truck on the floor and have been quite happy with it and I know a few people on here have used Fat Mat and have been very happy with it. Comes down to what you can get a good price on ultimately.

Oh and one I forgot that I added above was Stinger Roadkill, check with MPtonyt on here, he has some really good pricing on the roadkill

jdc753

Reaction score
yes it is.

and at 0.45 lbs per square foot it puts it right up there with the BXT (0.52) Damplifier (0.35) Damplifier pro (0.6) Dynamat Xtreme (0.45) for adding mass

Members online

No members online now.