Dang 6.7

Reaction score
So here we are, just finished up a cmpoun turbo set up on a 6.7, along with a Titan. Tank and fass fuel system. Primed fuel system, all fluid levels ok. Started it up, sounds good. Shut it off for lunch, come back to start it and we've got a no start. No kinked lines, quarter tank of diesel(of 50gal tank). Check pids on ids and verified low pressure switch is on low. Gotta go back in the am and see what the fass is putting out. Frp is only at 250psi.. Not even close to 5k I need. I hope the fass system didn't take a dump. Oh well I'll see what we find in the am. Have y'all had many issues with yalls fass systems out the box?

FASSgene

Reaction score
Which FASS system do you have? How are you drawing fuel from the Titan tank? Draw straw? Sump? Factory sending unit?

FASSgene

Reaction score
I'm assuming that the pump motor is running and that it is a 125 gph since you are drawing from the factory setup. Test the pressure at the FASS pump with everything hooked up. It should be 55 psi. If it is low, put the suction line into a 5 gallon bucket or another alternate fuel source and retest the pressure. If it is higher doing the bucket test then you have a restriction. Make sure that the FASS is primed while doing these tests or you'll get a false reading.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I'm assuming that the pump motor is running and that it is a 125 gph since you are drawing from the factory setup. Test the pressure at the FASS pump with everything hooked up. It should be 55 psi. If it is low, put the suction line into a 5 gallon bucket or another alternate fuel source and retest the pressure. If it is higher doing the bucket test then you have a restriction. Make sure that the FASS is primed while doing these tests or you'll get a false reading.

55psi on a CR setup??

Reaction score
Fuel pressure was fluctuating at koeo, disconnected fuel line at engine and drained into container.can see fuel is aerated. So it was definitely getting air from somewhere.checked all the lines for kinks again, loose hoses, all ok. Dropped fuel tank to check sender and for any restrictions of blockage. I look in tank with flash light and there is metal shavings everywhere. Yay, now lets see where these shavings are coming from.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Fuel pressure was fluctuating at koeo, disconnected fuel line at engine and drained into container.can see fuel is aerated. So it was definitely getting air from somewhere.checked all the lines for kinks again, loose hoses, all ok. Dropped fuel tank to check sender and for any restrictions of blockage. I look in tank with flash light and there is metal shavings everywhere. Yay, now lets see where these shavings are coming from.

Can you elaborate on the shavings, Dorian?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.