2011 Headlights??

Klutch

Reaction score
Anyone find any black aftermarket headlights yet? Thanks.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
I'm sure recon is working on something, but as of right now, the only option is doing them yourself.
It does look good when completed though. These headlights have a bit too much chrome for my taste.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
hopefully the recons turn out better than the 6.4 ones did...

IMHO nothing beats the look of a OEM light thats been taken apart and painted custom, and not all black everything.

Reaction score
Yeah oem painted or factory harley would be great if it was offered. I dontknow why ford doesn't smoke the lights. The newer expeditions have smoked or Harley style factory lights.

6L strokin

Reaction score
Yeah oem painted or factory harley would be great if it was offered. I dontknow why ford doesn't smoke the lights. The newer expeditions have smoked or Harley style factory lights.

yup! i was thinking that the other day! im not a fan of the halo/projector lights like im sure recon will probably be putting out... i always liked the ebay options better & way cheaper...

Reaction score
I actually like projectors and halos and led accents when done nicely and subtley. I am going to retrofit a projector with a halo and led backlighting when I paint my headlights.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I actually like projectors and halos and led accents when done nicely and subtley. I am going to retrofit a projector with a halo and led backlighting when I paint my headlights.

i agree, im not a huge fan of the lighting achieved with projectors but im sure again, if done right wont be so bad

17BLKplat

Reaction score
From what ive read and been told, projectors that are not made for HID lights dont work that well. The properly designed projectors should do the job better.

Exactly.
I had HIDs in my C300 projector housings and they didn't perform well at all compared to my HIDs in the raw in BB1.
I want some S2000 projectors if I ever do it. They have a sharp cut off and real sick light output.

6L strokin

Reaction score

oh i love me some leds, just not big on the circle halo... when the whole area lights up its not so bad...:rockon:

utlonghorns416

Reaction score
One set finished, more more to go !

Attachments

• headlights .jpg
    headlights .jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 75
  • headlights pair.jpg
    headlights pair.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 70
  • headlights left.jpg
    headlights left.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 76
  • headlight right.jpg
    headlight right.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

utlonghorns416

Reaction score
This set was requested the reflectors be painted. I have a idea for my reflectors :naughty:. This set belongs to IDP, Nate is sending me his this week.

Josh, when are you sending me yours?

Milton