latest 6.7 scoop

broncof250444

Reaction score
So whats everyone seeing on the 6.7's engines stock or mod??

I worked at a big Ford dealer in Fort Worth for almost 8 yrs before i just recently left and opened my own diesel repair and performance shop. In the dealerships out of 5 in the metroplex i know diesel guys and they are seeing the same results as me. Thats been..... ive seen my share of turbos shell and valves break on the 6.7 but it hasnt even been a fraction of what i have seem failures in the 6.4! So why im asking is ive been getting asked this question a lot lately by my customers when they see my 2012 6.7 sitting in the parking lot they reply "yep thats been the worst ford motor yet, they break more than the 6.0 and 6.4's!" im like wtf.

I want to see what other techs and shops are seeing with these 6.7s, "NOT" the my brothers cousin neighbors boss said kind of crap.

I special ordered my 2012 6.7 before i left Ford, it only had 3.2 miles on it when it got everything deleted and tuned. truck is not even a yr old yet and have almost 30k miles on it, i drive it harder than most(people on this fourm that know me can vouch for that), tow heavy, idle it all day. Ive had this truck to 120 mph dont know how many times, fastest recorded speed on it is 145 mph (stock wheels and tires tho). I will be in the world finals Oct 13th in this truck as well racing it! sorry for long write up.

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
I currently work at a dealer and we see hardly any issues with the pickups. As we all know the C&C had a few problems.

We still continue to keep busy with 6.4's. rarely will we get a 6.7 with a problem in. Been very impressed!

Cratos

Reaction score
good luck with your new shop :) working for your self is nice:) glad to hear more good things about the 6.7 I have one on order should be here mid oct. set up for towing
tow package ,camper package 355 e-locker

me2

Reaction score
I think the 6.4s are over rated reliability wise.

I think you are right about the 6.7s.

I needed to see the bellhousing adapter on a 6.7. I'm friends with a couple service writers in the area, both at big dealerships. I let them know there was a bounty (beer) for letting me know when a 6.7 was out of a truck so that I could take a couple measurements. 6 months later, they still haven't called and I've hounded them several times. They tell me that the 6.7s are standing up really well.

ClayStewart

Reaction score
Recognized the truck in your avatar as soon as I opened the thread. I can say I have seen the truck over 130 before! haha

We ran down 30 together, I believe. Grey 6.7 with American Force wheels.
44k on mine, deleted since 12k. No problems whatsoever.

We are having a 6.7 towed into our shop this morning that wont start. Interested to see what it turns out being.

Chris

Reaction score
We've seen 3 popped turbos and one trans. The trans was an early build date with some solenoid issues and some really beligerant driving. all of the turbos had their fair share of abuse, but id like to see them not make the "im about to blow up" whine once they get over 25 psi or so haha. Overall, they have been very reliable from what ive seen. the 6.4s and 6.0s keep us plenty busy however.

java

Reaction score
Dads 6.7 has 60k on the clock with the warhammer tune and no issues what so ever.

Biggpigg4x4

Reaction score
Mine has been tuned since 8500 miles. Has almost 18000 now. Only issue I have had is a bad Fuel Regulator Valve and Cracked injector at about 10,000 miles. Other than that I'm completely happy with my 6.7

broncof250444

Reaction score
Recognized the truck in your avatar as soon as I opened the thread. I can say I have seen the truck over 130 before! haha

We ran down 30 together, I believe. Grey 6.7 with American Force wheels.
44k on mine, deleted since 12k. No problems whatsoever.

We are having a 6.7 towed into our shop this morning that wont start. Interested to see what it turns out being.

HAHA yep i remember you! small world!

Sofa King

Reaction score
Well 6.4 ftw I will not buy another new Ford as long as the 6.7 is the only diesel option. I'm finally rid of my 6.7 and couldn't be happier.

rstan2010

Reaction score
So what are all the problems you guys are seeing from these 6.4s? What are they being caused by? Would a deleted 6.4 be reliable?

broncof250444

Reaction score
So what are all the problems you guys are seeing from these 6.4s? What are they being caused by? Would a deleted 6.4 be reliable?

Failed cooling systems, washed cylinders and bent rods, bearings and rocker assmbleys worn out early, high psi fuel system coming apart and trashing fuel system, high psi turbo.

Deleted 6.4's do better but still have there problems in the base engine and fuel system.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Failed cooling systems, washed cylinders and bent rods, bearings and rocker assmbleys worn out early, high psi fuel system coming apart and trashing fuel system, high psi turbo.

Deleted 6.4's do better but still have there problems in the base engine and fuel system.

Problems in the base engine and fuel system? Do tell...

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Ive always found it interesting what dealerships find wrong with different vehicles versus independent shops. The dealer local to us claims they change a 6.4 engine atleast once a week. Yet all the issues they claim 6.4s have we have yet to come across in all the 6.4 work we do. I do agree that the 6.4 in stock form well just plain sucks. But once deleted, tuned and not beat on terribly they seem to be really reliable in my opinion.

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
Problems in the base engine and fuel system? Do tell...

We've seen several of those to. Seen injectors stick open hydro lock the cylinder and bend the rod. You name it we have seen some of it on 6.4's around here. They aren't as bullet proof as everyone claims. Don't get me wrong there not bad trucks, but still have tons of problems we see

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
well with almost 50k on the clock and matt knows my truck it hasnt had one issue. Been deleted since 10k and now is running KEM off road tuning and does everything i need it to do and then some.

Sofa King

Reaction score
why is this??

5 turbos, 1 complete engine, 2 dpf's, egr issues. The worst part of it was fords inability to get the truck fixed when it was broke down in West Virginia and once they had it "fixed" it still didn't get me back home. Once it got to the local dealer they found that the previous dealer half a--ed putting the turbo on and that I had a bill there because the previous dealer had not submitted the claim. I spoke with a regional manager and was told to take it back to WV so that they could fix it needless to say I never brought the truck back to the house.

Latest posts

Members online