Tinted Taillights and Tinted Headlights

BFD99

Reaction score
Here's another option for you guys out there wanting to have your stock taillights tinted without having to go a permanent route and now worrying about hazing or fogging plus having added protection from rocks and such on the road. They also have two different tints for your headlights. Both of these companies have great stuff. I am a customer of Lamin-X, but they don't currently offer anything for the 08-10 Superduty, but X-pel does. I plan to order the xpel kit for the 6.4 to try out instead of breaking open the headlights and painting them, or springing for harley headlights. I figure for 60$ it's worth a try.
And No i do not sell these, just think it's a great idea! :D
http://xpel.com/
http://www.lamin-x.com/Automotive-Products-s/47.htm
47.gif

Here's the Dark Fog Tint from Lamin-X on my fogs.
b55293da.jpg

Here's a pic i found online of Toyota stock headlights done in the dark tint i believe.
26436040036_large.jpg

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Looks good!!
I don't like the Tundra with a single ounce of my body, but that one doesn't look bad with the headlights tinted. Other than that, still crap lol

Imcummin

Reaction score
Looks good. I am going to look into those for my tail lights on the fummins and the headlights for the '11

David S.

Reaction score
so which would be the darkest one available? I'd be interested in doing this if it was some what cheap

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Vht will come off like it was never there with carb cleaner. But a good i dea

TripleE44

Reaction score
I just don't see how you'd be able to get it to lay down flat on the 08-10 headlights, which may be why they offer the headlight covers for the 11s already and nothing for the 08-10. Being that I used to work for a decal company that did some wraps, I can't even imagine the wrap material that's stretchy, and has voids for air to go in, would be able to stick and be smooth at the same time. The tails may even be an issue getting them on but not near as bad...

If you choose to do this, good luck, and you'll probably want a high powered heat gun or a torch to heat the stuff with.

BFD99

Reaction score
I just don't see how you'd be able to get it to lay down flat on the 08-10 headlights, which may be why they offer the headlight covers for the 11s already and nothing for the 08-10. Being that I used to work for a decal company that did some wraps, I can't even imagine the wrap material that's stretchy, and has voids for air to go in, would be able to stick and be smooth at the same time. The tails may even be an issue getting them on but not near as bad...

If you choose to do this, good luck, and you'll probably want a high powered heat gun or a torch to heat the stuff with.
That's why I've drug my feet, XPEL does offer it, just not sure on my skills as of yet.
http://xpel.com/products/headlight_...=1&year=2010&make=12&model=3206&submodel=6175

BFD99

Reaction score
So i bought a new used set of 2007 headlights for my 06 Dodge, and also ordered the xpel Gunsmoke tint for my new headlights as well. I'll post up when i get it all done to show how it looks.

JMart

Reaction score
I had that on my 08. I found a company that made a kit for it. It sucked and was the hardest thing to install. I ended up cutting it into 3 pieces per headlight just to get it on the truck. Im sure other lights are easier, just the design of the 08 made it a b!tch.

08-24-08_1516.jpg

superstroked

Reaction score
I had that on my 08. I found a company that made a kit for it. It sucked and was the hardest thing to install. I ended up cutting it into 3 pieces per headlight just to get it on the truck. Im sure other lights are easier, just the design of the 08 made it a b!tch.

08-24-08_1516.jpg

do you have any other pics of the 08..its the same color combo as mine..looking for some ideas...thanks and sorry for the hijack..if you have a link, that would be cool too

JMart

Reaction score
do you have any other pics of the 08..its the same color combo as mine..looking for some ideas...thanks and sorry for the hijack..if you have a link, that would be cool too

I didnt change it much from that pic except for changing to some moto metal wheels.

BFD99

Reaction score
i could! I still haven't ordered mine, got to the payment screen and got sidetracked. Still have the tab open! haha I may email them and ask them about it!

Latest posts

Members online