BOV Install Tips

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Sense theres not a thread here yet saying how to install BD's BOV im asking for everyone that has installed theirs to post tips on how to install it and what wires to hook up to along with pictures. of how yours is set up.

pog

Reaction score
I will try to get some up. Now i feel like an idiot when shane was telling me how easy it is to install yet i insisted he do it lol.

White_monster

Reaction score
There's directions for the 6.4 trucks. They are the next vehicle in the instruction book. It takes about 30mins to install the bov minus welding in the flange for the bov itself.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
I skimmed through the book last night, didnt look to far into it so im sure i did miss the 6.4 instructions. Ive got rudys CAC pipe on the way so from what it sounds like, this should be a breeze.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Ok, so the spool valve is to be mounted where the intake horn is? i thought i remembered it being mounted on a valve cover in one of rudys builds. Also it says to tap into my hot side pipe for the boost source. Is this the best place until i have a wg installed?

White_monster

Reaction score
It doesn't really matter where you boost source is that I've found. Now the spool you thought you saw in one of Rudy's builds was the solenoids for the ams1000 controller for the wastegate.

White_monster

Reaction score
Ya that's how I did mine and it works perfect for me. Is it ideal I'm not sure. I think ideal bov location is on the hot side pipe but removing that pipe is not fun.

Latest posts

Members online