2012 & H&S

Manytoys

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm the "new guy". I've been reading for months joined a couple weeks ago making first post tonight. I need some advice from someone more diesel literate than myself.
I just did a afe 4" downpipe back exhaust, afe cold air, mini max with egr block offs on my 2011 F450 about a month ago. Huge difference for sure in power and decent gains in mileage. Very happy with results, other than the way the afe muffler sounded. Had it changed out to a magma flow sounds much better!

a5y3yne9.jpg

Today I traded it off for a 2012 F450

abaqurev.jpg

And I need advice on deleting a brand new truck?? I know that if I deleted it and ran in stock power the motor is much better off not being bunged up and fed dirty air, but everyone knows stock power setting won't last for long. So what I'm asking is, what are your opinions on how long I should run it before I delete it. What kind of long term effects does the H&S have on the injectors and turbo when extra power is being added. I pull from 10k - 30k daily and would only use stock power setting for that but it's pretty hard not to crank it up when driving empty. I'm thinking run it stock till the first service and then I will go ahead and install the goodies, what do you guys think??

Here us a pic of my 08, it explains why I bought my 2011
ra6eheva.jpg

Thanks in advance for your advice and opinions.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Running it till your first service is probably a good idea, that way if there are any major problems that would arise right away you will still have your warranty

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
when i bought my truck i had deiced that i was going to delete it all to save the truck and give it a longer life since it was a new motor and all.

i decided to put 10k on the truck till i did it all. i tell you that 10k couldnt go by fast enought. after being deleted for close to 40k now i couldnt be happier.

i would run at least one oil change thru it bone stock before you do anything.

and why did you go from a 2011 to a 2012? was something wrong with the 11?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I believe in doing it off the bat, did my 6.4 that way and the 2012 6.7 Dodge Shop truck that way too. The longer that stuff is on there the more crap that will get into the motor and or chance of an emissions equipment failure.

The H&S won't hurt your injectors, and just for reference is you leave it in no power mode the only change would be deactivating the regen function and egr function so in reality its better for the life of the motor.

Manytoys

Reaction score
why did you go from a 2011 to a 2012? was something wrong with the 11?

The commercial sales rep from my local dealer called me and asked if I wanted to sell my 2011 cause he has another customer looking for 4 used 450's. I told him to make me an offer that I couldn't refuse and the SOB did!!

Also I've spent the last two years driving a white 450 and crying softly to myself every time I see a black one, so I had to have it!!

Here it is
azumypup.jpg

Goes if for goodies next week!

Last edited:

Manytoys

Reaction score
I believe in doing it off the bat, did my 6.4 that way and the 2012 6.7 Dodge Shop truck that way too. The longer that stuff is on there the more crap that will get into the motor and or chance of an emissions equipment failure.

The H&S won't hurt your injectors, and just for reference is you leave it in no power mode the only change would be deactivating the regen function and egr function so in reality its better for the life of the motor.

I would love to do it right away, but the chance of it needing some tweeking or programming updates is to high and changing exhaust back and forth is not sounding like fun!

I agree it would for sure help the motors longevity to delete it ASAP but its a risky proposition.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
yeah i say run at least 1 oil change thru it 1st just to make sure. ive got the old man talked into doing his right away when he gets his 2013 but im very connected with my dealer and if soemthing went majorly wrong right off the bat i could help him out. if it wasnt for that we would be waiting on his as well.

Manytoys

Reaction score
Exactly, I also don't have the means to attain cheap replacement parts or do repair work on my own. I can build gas motors no problem but under the hood of my truck it's all Chinese to me!! I guess it's time to learn some new skills!

Manytoys

Reaction score
Exactly, I also don't have the means to attain cheap replacement parts or do repair work on my own. I can build gas motors no problem but under the hood of my truck it's all Chinese to me!! I guess it's time to learn some new skills!

mysticblu999

Reaction score
I had 20k on mone before i deleted it, but that was only because tuners were not out yet. After the first service should be fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Turnips

Reaction score
Too be honest I would wait until your engine warranty is up, my dad put a h&s on his 6.7 at around 60,000kms and now the engine just went at around 100,000kms. It was due to faulty bearings in the bottom end, but because it had the chip there was no chance of ford fixing it under warranty. Its a 10,000$ fix out of his own pocket and he got lucky that their able to fix the damaged cylinder, otherwise it would be 18,000+ for a new engine.

Sent from a iPhone

Manytoys

Reaction score
I hear you on waiting till engine warranty is up. I waited till 93,000ish km on my 2011 before I did the delete and H&S. never had any problems other that a rad at 40,000 km. then traded it shortly after. But now the tuner and exhaust are just laying around staring me in the face and calling out to me. I should know better already cause I blew the motor on my 08 at 140,000km running the sct livewire first, then a edge juice with attitude then finally the edge race evolution when I did the dpf delete. You would think I would be gun shy now, and I am but I'm also an optimist and I have myself convinced that my 2012 is going to be good to me. I hope so cause I already have put my afe intake and the H&S on the truck at 1000km at the only reason the exhaust isn't on it is because I just haven't had the time yet. Sorry for not heeding everyone's advice but the lure of better mileage, cleaner internals and the badass sound is hard to ignore.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Mine doesnt read anywhere near that. I have never seen over 1450 when I'm just beating the crap out the truck. Is his truck deleted? If it is and he used the pyro out of the EGR tube you need to use on from the exhaust or you will get messed up readings

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
What's with the pyro reading crazy high numbers on a 6.7 I drove a buddies the other night and it was reading like 2600 on the gauge?

is does he have a pyro kit? if not then its just reading a number that isnt anywhere near the pyro temp

ive yet to see over 1400 my self

Manytoys

Reaction score
I have my pyro mounted in the H&S egr block off plate. It is all good 600-700 cruising empty 900ish cruising loaded and 1500 max honkin on it. The high numbers came up on mine when I didn't have the block off plates and was just using the mini max pyro 1 setting and whatever sensor it was reading. 2600 degrees at idle!

Latest posts

Members online