Finally put black leather in!!

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I have wanted black leather since I bought my truck new, but its been low on the list lol. I came across a really good deal on a full set of black leather so I picked it up.:

I've had it sitting at the house for a while but have been slammed with work. I went back and forth on weather I would do it myself of take it somewhere and had it done. I went by a couple of local shops and got prices around $550-$600, just for the installation!! Well I had a friend of mine tell me about a little shop that does a lot of leather conversions for the dealerships. I went by there and he said "we normally charge about $550, but if you let me do it after hours I'll do it for $200".

He had time to do it today so I dropped it off. I asked how long it would take and he told me 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I thought, yeah we'll see. Well he started working on it at 9:45 and called me at 11:30 and told me it was finished!!

I'm VERY happy with how it turned out. I couldn't decide if I wanted to leave the grey plastic or buy all new black plastic for the seat trim. Now that its in, I'm really leaning towards leaving the grey. With everything else in the truck a mixture of grey and black I think the seats look great just like they are!!. I know...enough rambling...on to the pics:

Before, Grey Cloth with lots of stains from spills and work clothes:

06664651.jpg

bcc65c82.jpg

dc67fcf1.jpg

After, All new Black Leather!!!

2d94fd04.jpg

b36fb070.jpg

8673877b.jpg

3f4b4400.jpg

6f01e08b.jpg

David S.

Reaction score
damn that looks awesome bud. looks like full 08 interior. How much did you pick it up for?

thuglike

Reaction score
Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave the plastic grey. The contrast between the 2 looks killer!!

Great job.

K_Hood

Reaction score
Looks great man! :thumbup:

Never been a huge fan of the Ebony/Black leather due to the noticeable signs of wear and tear in a short time of owning it, but I will admit that it looks great in your truck with the grey contast.

If I could find a set of good condition leather I would have no problems in looking for an XLT and just doing the swap like you did. I love the comfort of leather.

Good job man!

TripleE44

Reaction score
Looks great man! :thumbup:

Never been a huge fan of the Ebony/Black leather due to the noticeable signs of wear and tear in a short time of owning it, but I will admit that it looks great in your truck with the grey contast.

If I could find a set of good condition leather I would have no problems in looking for an XLT and just doing the swap like you did. I love the comfort of leather.

Good job man!

Depending on what you want to spend, you could always do this through katzkin. They'll make custom leather covers that fit just like this for you. You can change colors, insert patterns and even types of materials and add heated/cooled seats if you wanted. I bought an 06 xlt f150 cc when I was 18 and didn't have the money right away to buy leather from the factory so I went with katzkin a little later. $640 later I had black leather with grey inserts and the lariat upgrade was like 2gs+. It's definitely not a bad idea. Only downside is they don't have as many stitching lines like these do, but most would never notice.

Those look real clean man. I kinda like the contrasting thing but I think I might change the parts on the seats to black if you found a good deal, but nonetheless it looks killer. Now no more stains!