I need a favor

NEVRNF

Reaction score
I am in need of a measurement from some of the CR conversion guys. How far back is your motor from the removable metal bar on the radiator core support? Can you measure from there to something like the front of the cast vale cover or the oil cap and post it.

Deputydog

Reaction score
The front bar is right where the rubber "Ford" cover starts. Looks like 13 1/4"

photo1_zps55c9f9aa.jpg

NEVRNF

Reaction score
OK Guys, Thanks. Mine is right at the 13 1/5 just like Deputy's picture.
Is anyone running the GOS fan hub. I cant get the factory electric fan to function so i went back to my electric set up for the winter. I cant run the v10 clutch with the fluidamper but when i tried to test fit the 7.3 fan clutch it would not fit between the radiator and the motor.

suprhlr

Reaction score
mine is at 13" to the front face of the valve cover also. I made my own version of the GOS hub with just a little machining to the dodge hub, and using the 7.3 fan clutch and fan, plenty of clearance between the fan and the radiator

me2

Reaction score
My 99 is 12.5 inches from the cross member in front of the rad (lift up the rubber flap) to the front edge of the rocker arm spacer under the valve cover. Same place Deputy Dog is measuring to.

I'm running a ZF6 with a custom (thin) adapter plate. The ZF6 is nearly in the stock position. I'm running a stock 5.9CR fan setup.

Last edited:

NEVRNF

Reaction score
I have no Idea. I pulled my hair out half of the summer. It has no codes in the CR ECM when everything is connected, but it wont lock up even if i jump the signal to ground. I am not sure if it is a bad fan clutch right out of the box. I guess i will mess with it next spring as i have no need for a/c for at least the next 6 months. I pulled the wiring back up out of the way so it does not get damaged. Want to try my clutch on your truck? I guess that would be my only other option to test the clutch i have as i dont know anyone here with a 03/04 Dodge.

Latest posts

Members online