check coolant additive

eastern

Reaction score
What the hell is this. Came up on display and I googled it and people say reset and go. Do I need to get the coolant checked out or from what people are saying the truck is programmed to come. Truck only has 11k on it.

java

Reaction score
It's the same thing as resetting your engine oil life, just go through the menu on the dash and reset it.

GreenF350

Reaction score
Didn't know the 6.7's used coolant additive. I would imagine it is the same SCA that they all are supposed to use then, in which case you can get a bottle of test strips from your local autoparts store and check it yourself if you want to be sure. I would guess that it is fine with the miles you have on it, but who wants to guess with a $50,000 truck?
-Aaron

tmillburg

Reaction score
i think its just a warning so u have to take it the the dealer so they can test the coolant. i reset mine and check the levels my self

Translated from Morse Code

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
i just reset mine and ask the dealer to check it every time im in for an oil change

that way they have it documented that it was check and came back clean so that if something does happen its documented via the dealer in my file that im sure by now has its own drawer lol