Project International Hauler

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
This is a project that I started some time ago and has changed directions many times but finally has a goal. Here is how it all started.

http://www.powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46961

And here is where I stand as of right now. Figured it might interest some of ya.

Figured I would drag this one back up.

Got some new updates for the truck. Since my last post I got the forged rod motor installed in the truck. Before I installed the motor I took the time to install ARP head studs, Smith bros pushrods, and Comp valve springs. I also installed a regulated return with a 1/2 inch pickup tube and a walbro fuel pump. I am still using the stock fuel bowl and it is holding up nicely. I have the mounts and filters to do a pre and post pump filter but going to run it like this for now and see how it holds up.

So as of right now the truck is running and I have been using it to haul loads of lumber, drywall, roofing and such as I am helping 2 of my buddies renovate their houses. I started ordering parts last week to get this all finished up and hopefully to where I want it to be.

On that note here is the list of parts that I have in the shop and on order as of right now.

Valair 500 hp single disc clutch
Ceramic coated Irate Wastegated up-pipe setup with 46mm wastegate
DI Headers Ceramic coated
s466 Turbo
4" downpipe and 5 inch exhaust
Short throw shifter
Glowshift gauges
Terminator Scan gauge
05 Power tow mirrors with turn signals and heat
Tan captains chairs and a Center console
Pioneer Head unit and 4 Pioneer speakers
Power windows and locks
05 front clip
Tinted Windows
And a set of stock wheels painted black

I plan to wait another week or two to start tearing into everything since I still need the truck for the renovations that need finished. I also need to finish removing the Power wiring from my parts truck so that I have it all ready to go in. Gauges, turbo, pipes, mirrors and some of the other parts are still not here either so wanna have everything here to get done at once.

I will get some pics of the parts that I have in the next couple of days.

Goal is to have the truck complete in time for the Beans dyno day in NJ beginning of August.

Also If anyone could point me in a direction to get some custom badges made up I would appriciate it.

Last edited:

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Ceramic.

Lifting the cab
http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae60/vader2003/6e499209.jpg

Rolling Chassis
http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae60/vader2003/7089422a.jpg

Bed Built and installed
http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae60/vader2003/9c7e2b04.jpg
http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae60/vader2003/8c7d4e8f.jpg

And this is the bed that I am fabricating to replace the flat bed with eventually. While it has been put on the back burner due to time constraints, I haven't given up on it.
http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae60/vader2003/019f52cd.jpg

Last edited:

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Well I finally got some free time to start working on this laundry list of stuff I need to install and upgrade.

Pulled the bed off the truck and gutted the interior on Monday night. Also gutted the doors on my donor truck and pulled the power windows and locks. Also I found out that the wireing harness for the doors doesn't just unplug at the door jam. I have to remove the entire dash in order to access the wire harness. PITA! But I want this to look as close to factory as possible so the dash will be coming out.

Last night I got both doors stripped down and the power windows, locks, and mirrors installed. I also got the dash removed from the donor truck and the wire harness out from behind it. Also found out that is the same harness that provides power to the drivers seat, rear speakers, third brake light and dome light. Since I am pulling the wiring out of a EC for my RC I will have some extra wire length to hide but shouldn't be a problem. Was planning on pulling the dash in my 450 but had a family emergency that landed me in the er all night so that didn't happen and not sure if I will get anything done tonight on it.

I have a couple pics but am still at hospital on my droid so I will post them later.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
So everything is good now and I was able to get some more work done. I have good and bad news, but first a few pics.

Got the dash pulled out of my donor truck.
IMG_20110802_220721.jpg

Got the seats, center console, door skins, manual window crank, old mirrors and non power locks out.
IMG_20110802_220626.jpg

Got the power windows, locks, and new power mirrors mounted back in the doors.
IMG_20110802_220602.jpg

So for the good news. I got the entire wiring harness removed from the donor truck to install in mine. I also got the entire interior of the 450 removed including the dash, except the rubber floor. Got the factory XL wire harness removed and ready to install the XLT one.

Now for the bad news. The dash harness plugs are not the same. The XL has a single plug that runs out to the 2 doors and up the back of the cab for the dome light and 3rd brake light. The XLT is a dual plug and I can not find a plug pinned up unused under my XL dash. So while the harness is not going to just plug in and work, I now plan to use the wire harness and just re-wire what I need to under the dash to get power to everything I need it to. Its probably a good thing the donor truck is gas or I could see myself pulling the entire dash harness and swapping it too.

Pulling the dash was way easier the second and third time. I orginally pulled the dash in my 350 and it took me forever. Now that I know where all the connections are and the bolts that need to be pulled it only took about 30 mins.

I hope to spend some time tonight/tomorrow figuring out what wire connections I will have to make up since the 2nd plug will not plug in. Anyone know how the heat for the mirrors works? Is it just always hot when the key is on? I figured I would just hot wire it from a ignition controlled hot wire to a switch and just turn it on when I need it.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Me too. Every time I go in the shop I look at it but unfortunately there are a few things ahead of it on the list that need to be finished first.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i added 05 power/heat/turn in place of my e99 paddles. i had a snow plow on it already, so i just tapped into that wire to get the turn, and i run a key power wire through a relay, to power all my accessories in the cab, guages, etc etc. so i just used that relay to power a toggle switch to give me heat only when i want it on.

stock its heat all the time, but in the summer when you look at the mirror it actually gets dark, from the heated mirror heating up the mirror. i didnt like that.

i just made all the mirror connections at the door, though since you have your door skins off, you could unplug the mirror harness at the door, and take a 12v power wire and probe the wires to see what color is what. running, turn, heat etc etc. if you do not have the wiring schematic. is what i did.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Sounds good. This is what I plan to do to mine. I salvaged the plug off the dash wiring harness on my parts truck so I will still be able to just unplug the harness and remove the dash if I ever need to in the future.

I got the wires ran through the cab and to the driver side door last night. Hoping to run wires though pass side door tonight and get connection behind dash all closed up so I can reinstall dash and make sure everything works correctly.

Good thing I just put a new battery in my fluke.... Going to need it tonight.

cj45lc

Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty cool project Robert

I will be interested in seeing it sometime

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Anytime buddy. Hit me up and come hang out one day while I am trying to get all this done.

As an update: got the passenger side door all wired up. Now just gotta play the wiring game to make sure everything gets the power it needs from where it is supposed to come from.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Well I got the mirrors all wired up so the turn signal, clearance lights, heater, and power mirrors work. Checked the windows and they go up and down. Locks try to move but don't seem to be getting enough power. I will have to remove them and do the tin foil mod.

Now for the really good stuff. I got a few things in the mail this week......

IMG_20110819_173015.jpg

IMG_20110819_173024.jpg

IMG_20110819_173033.jpg

IMG_20110819_173625.jpg

IMG_20110819_173640.jpg

IMG_20110819_173658.jpg

IMG_20110819_173713.jpg

And I know this one doesn't have anything really to do with this truck, but it will be well used when I start the reassembly on my 350.

IMG_20110818_103423.jpg

Latest posts

Members online