Pa, Wva, MD, Nc, Va members

First Ford Diesel Event in Va by a dealership

• Would you think about attending ?

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Would you really attend if a date was set with dyno, and sponsors at locatio

Votes: 26 86.7%

• Total voters

RescueF250

Reaction score
This is a long time away but, Cowles Ford in Woodbridge Va brought to my attention next fall they would like to put on a Powerstroke Event at the dealership. My reply to them first off was a simple show isn't going to bring a lot of people. If they can provide a Proper Dyno, and maybe a burnout competition along with a Show n Shine they would have a better chance of a turnout.

Also they wanted all years of PSD a lot would be in the show room as well. They would also provide Ford Diesel Designers n Techs to come out and give a class on the Powerstroke Motor, We can tick their brains about the motors, and they would ask the performance side. Maybe try and ask if MPD and Rudy's to bring their Race trucks etc. They would like to make this a big event, but like I said they would have to have some attractions worth the time. So what do ya'll think ? And other ideas ? I'm their point of contact so ideas are welcome.

hfoote

Reaction score
Id go if they decided to do it, right up the road from me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

weazel

Reaction score
Bummer, born and raised in West Virginia, was stationed in GA for ever. Now I wanna start going to events, I'm in stupid NV far from everything.

Translated from hillbilly, with tapatalk
Engineers clear the way!

gjoski515

Reaction score
Kevin sound like a good think to do, if you could get people from a far as Ga to maybe evan Ny to come down would be cool, you should open it up to all you know im in for it and i imagine more of our group would be in also, when you looking to do this?

RescueF250

Reaction score
Well it be fall next year, and a lot of it will be planning stages right now, ya I can open it up to SC, GA, TN, and NJ, and NY, I'd have to talk to them about getting hotel accomendations and such, getting some big vendors out there with there race trucks, thinking non vgt turbos, twins, single on different motors etc. But if they do follow thru with it and make something big like this would like a huge turnout, it be bad if everything lined up and not many folks showed up.

Does anyone know if Dunbar still have his dyno ? Heard before he sold it ? Or does rudy's a mobile one ? Ppl can bring their pulling trucks for show as well just doesn't have to be daily trucks, now their is a 1/8th mile track probably a 20 min or so drive in Manassas at Old dominion raceway.

Like I said this is a planning stage as of right now, getting ideas from members to get something together.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Well it be fall next year, and a lot of it will be planning stages right now, ya I can open it up to SC, GA, TN, and NJ, and NY, I'd have to talk to them about getting hotel accomendations and such, getting some big vendors out there with there race trucks, thinking non vgt turbos, twins, single on different motors etc. But if they do follow thru with it and make something big like this would like a huge turnout, it be bad if everything lined up and not many folks showed up.

Does anyone know if Dunbar still have his dyno ? Heard before he sold it ? Or does rudy's a mobile one ? Ppl can bring their pulling trucks for show as well just doesn't have to be daily trucks, now their is a 1/8th mile track probably a 20 min or so drive in Manassas at Old dominion raceway.

Like I said this is a planning stage as of right now, getting ideas from members to get something together.

Dunbar sold his dyno, Garmons Diesel bought it and it is now in ground at their shop.

Evan ogre44

Reaction score
I would be completely up for attending. i know some of my friends would for sure. we could get local chapters together and make it a road trip. Talk to Haller and see if he would be willing to bring his dyno. set a date and let us know. I know their would be a lot of people interested.

RescueF250

Reaction score
Also try working on trophies, door prizes, powerstroke gear and banners as well. I'll probably have a sit down sometime and discuss what all could be done.

HD F250

Reaction score
I live in Woodbridge and will definitely make it if it happens. Keep me posted! They should do a show and shine, dyno and vendors on Sat and we can all hit the track on Sunday!

RescueF250

Reaction score
Here are the vendors I'm gonna talk to see if they would be willing to come up and show off their stuff.

Marty's Diesel
Rudy's Crew
Maryland Diesel
Innovative
Quick Tricks
Full Force

Locals are strokers unlimited, and smoking guns. They probably attend.

Ill probably see who else would be up for it as well but that's to start off top of my head.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
Here are the vendors I'm gonna talk to see if they would be willing to come up and show off their stuff.

Marty's Diesel
Rudy's Crew
Maryland Diesel
Innovative
Quick Tricks
Full Force

Locals are strokers unlimited, and smoking guns. They probably attend.

Ill probably see who else would be up for it as well but that's to start off top of my head.

depends on what the turnout is looking like. but you could prob expect Holderdown Performance to come with a pile full of trucks..

RescueF250

Reaction score
Ya definitly ya'll of course more the better to be honest, also members can actually meet up vs a full out chevy dodge ford event. This way ppl know exactly who is who, also working on live tuning options for ppl.

Greg you know me and events, I'm more worried ab out turnout because that matters for something like this. I can't get all these folks to come and only a few show up you know

Bushwakd

Reaction score
Sounds good Kevin. I missed the last event. IIRC DP Tuner has a mobile dyno. Also isn't there a mobile dyno in Maryland. Can't remember what shop. I thought it was a shop in eastern Md.

RescueF250

Reaction score
Well few ppl have mobile dynos, the other part is if someone is gonna drive to make the dyno happen, its gotta be worth their wild as well, cover fuel cost etc. So in that aspect of things, I was thinking of a min sign up and a deposit for your place on the dyno. Get a dyno list together so everyone is covered as well. I got a year to plan all this out with Ford so we'll see the chances of everything. Even a dyno n show shine will work out great.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I would be willing to make the drive up if it was going to be a big event, and we could potentially sponsor as well.

Latest posts

Members online