Rear captains chairs??

Bigcountry250

Reaction score
Will the rear captains chairs out of older trucks fit in the 11-12 trucks? What was the last year they had rear captains chairs?

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I can't say for sure, but from what I've gathered the storage box and older fold out deck are easy to swap, so I'd figure that all the mounting is still the same as before, so if it was possible to retrofit say a 2008 with rear captains chairs, I don't see why you couldn't.

I would check the mounting diagrams.

Actually(don't feel like deleting all of that haha) check out DV8 Motorsports on facebook, they did exactly that!

I don't know the last year, but I know Shone Patel's 08 king ranch has them.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350486144.901241.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1350486157.665766.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1350486169.242002.jpg
In case you didn't find the pics, or for anyone else who is curious.

Sent from the Bayou

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
from the seats that a 2011 + for sure

and it looks like they took a set of front seats and just put them in the back.

i would do a king ranch 08+ center console and king ranch captins chairs in a heart beat in my truck

me2

Reaction score
I have an 08 KR and I bought a set of factory rear seats and console for it from a rolled KR truck.

The recline mechanism on a factory rear seat is different than on a front seat. They don't recline back as far. Why would they ? In the back they can only recline until they hit the rear cab wall.

The backs on the factory rear seats are different. They have a black mesh cloth, not the leather map pockets that front seats have.

The bases on the factory rear seats are different. They mount to a singe wide frame that mounts to the floor in the back using the outer bolt holes that mount the bench seat. Thus the individual seats are not adjustable.

The console is a bit different as well.

If I had the choice, I would use 2 factory front seats in the back instead of the factory back seats.

Hope this helps.

Bigcountry250

Reaction score
I have an 08 KR and I bought a set of factory rear seats and console for it from a rolled KR truck.

The recline mechanism on a factory rear seat is different than on a front seat. They don't recline back as far. Why would they ? In the back they can only recline until they hit the rear cab wall.

The backs on the factory rear seats are different. They have a black mesh cloth, not the leather map pockets that front seats have.

The bases on the factory rear seats are different. They mount to a singe wide frame that mounts to the floor in the back using the outer bolt holes that mount the bench seat. Thus the individual seats are not adjustable.

The console is a bit different as well.

If I had the choice, I would use 2 factory front seats in the back instead of the factory back seats.

Hope this helps.

That helps a lot buddy thanks! So you think it would be better to use 2011 front seats in the rear and just fab them in?

Latest posts

Members online