Turn signals in mirrors

chromehound

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had ever tried putting some kind of turn signal light into the power mirrors on the OBS. I'd like it on the front side but the end would be ok and I'd like to try to recess it somewhat or maybe use small LEDs. I plan on getting a junk mirror to play with from the junkyard but if someones already tried and found that there just isin't room then that may change things.

Yodersstrokin96

Reaction score
i think its all about finding the right light to use then as long as you have patients to make it work it shouldnt be to hard i still trying to find a light i like for mine

chromehound

Reaction score
I have a light that I'm thinking will work great but am kicking myself for throwing out my old mirrors a couple months back. I'm not real concerned with the outside of the light so long as it's flatish but I'm wondering about space inside and how I'm going to wire it in. Still thinking on some sort of small 3-4" long LED bar vs a 1x3" flat light. Just need to get to the junkyard and see if they have any obs stuff or if like normal I have to source stuff outside of town a ways.

BTW: what type of mirrors are on your truck? They look almost like a Chevy type.

Tom S

Reaction score

Attachments

• wasm-animation.gif
    wasm-animation.gif
    10 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

chromehound

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I'm not really wanting it for me but for everyone else to see, but the bottom pic would be along the lines of what I'm looking at.

Yodersstrokin96

Reaction score
I have a light that I'm thinking will work great but am kicking myself for throwing out my old mirrors a couple months back. I'm not real concerned with the outside of the light so long as it's flatish but I'm wondering about space inside and how I'm going to wire it in. Still thinking on some sort of small 3-4" long LED bar vs a 1x3" flat light. Just need to get to the junkyard and see if they have any obs stuff or if like normal I have to source stuff outside of town a ways.

BTW: what type of mirrors are on your truck? They look almost like a Chevy type.

my mirrors are the stock power ones with LMC slide overs for towing, you can see better here and i want to put lights in the case it would be easier since i can take them on and off easier
0101111137.jpg

chromehound

Reaction score
Ok I was wondering if they were slide overs but they looked like one piece mirrors. Never thought of putting them in tow add-ons.

Got back from the junkyard and no mirrors but when they have them they want $45 each, I'm 99% sure I paid less than that for the new ones I got, but the trip wasn't a total waste I ended up with an overhead aluminum shelf for $20. Hopefully gonna strip it down and strighten the hangers out this weekend.

chromehound

Reaction score
Thats the thing I keep running into with aftermarket kits - the signal is in/on the glass. I want something on the other side for other people to see. I'm all about making my truck more visiable even if it ends up looking like a christmas tree.

chromehound

Reaction score
Yeah I've got some flater lights in the shop but I need to decide on the style and if I want them on the mirrors or if I get the towing extensions and mount them there.
Basically something like a predicesor to what the F150/SD trucks have minus the part on the glass and not part of the mirror housing since I don't think there is room inside the obs mirrors.

I'd thought about putting this style on the end of the mirror but I'm not sure if I'd like the extra light at night flashing in the cab.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/traile...ghts/blazer-sealed-marker-light-amber-1650159

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.