gen3 and 250/100's

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I have 250/100's and am in need of more oil. I was planning on buying a srp1 and using that for my "big oil" but they are still on back order from what I have been told. Just curious if the gen3 would be to much? I have one sitting here that will be going on my pulling truck. Just wondering if I can throw it on for the time being.

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
Are you throwing a CEL for oil pressure? I would think that the stock pump would keep up, just not as fast as the SRP1 or Gen3.

IMO, the Gen3 would be just fine if you have an extra one laying around and want to use it. I would keep the backorder on the SRP1 though. it is less shear happy...

David N

Reaction score
What about an Adrenaline from Dieselsite? Ive heard nothing but good things about the SRP1 pump, but the Adrenaline should be sufficient too?

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I still plan to get the srp1. I just don't know how long it will be before I can get my hands on one. Figure the gen3 could hold me over till then.

I believe that the adr. will do what I need in the long run but for the price difference the srp1 just seems like a better choice. I am not knocking the adr in any way as I have no experience with it, just my opinion.

And Yes I am getting a cel light.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
It took me around 3 months to get my SRP1 but it was well worth the wait. From what I researched the adr and srp1 are really nothing close. Most will say the stealth is a better pump. I was originally going to go with the adr, but for the price, you really can't beat the srp1.

You might try getting ahold of vendors or searching google. Back when the first batch went out, there were still some shops that had one or two on the shelf.

02BigD

Reaction score
Gen 3 with 355/100's. Get's rompy every now and again when it's hot outside. Other than that, no real issues. Plan on SRP1 myself, simply because of shearing.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Def thinking I am going to throw this on till my srp1 shows up. Just gotta check with Swamps and make sure won't be any tuning issues..... But I don't expect there to be.

Whytry

Reaction score
That was a good read thanks. One more question what oil do you use and how often do you change it because of this?

02BigD

Reaction score
I use Mobile Delvac Super 1300 15w40, and 2 quarts of Lucas Synthetic oil treatment. I started the Lucas after the motor break in at Carson Stauffer's suggestion. There is a noticeable difference with the injectors being snappier, and the oil feels better to the touch at oil changes. Plan on doing a sample next change, I'm curious to see what comes back with it.

Change the oil at 3000, or within 200 miles if I run a little over.

On edit; I would run 5000 mile intervals, same oil, with the factory HPOP. Used samples consistently came back good at those intervals. That was stock injectored as well FTR.

Last edited:

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I already change my oil at 3000 mile intervals, so no harm there. I run valvoline royal blue and will have to send in a couple samples after I try this and see how bad it shears.

Now thinkin bout throwin my cam into the equation to lol.

TARM

Reaction score
Only run Schaeffers 9000 5w40 here with their oil additive package to combat shear as needed. Run the Donaldson ELF7405 filter that is their extended filter line. It filters down to 15 mic absolute and holds an extra quart compared to the oem size filters. Just fits but fit it does without touchingpan or else where. 5k I could go longer shear is in line still a strong 40

I need to install this bypass I have sitting here. Then I want to run with uoa regualrly to see how long I can go before shear becomes an issue and how long ansd well adding the additive package as needed will mitigate the effects of the dual hpop shearing. If the effects do not end in significant oci then its coming back out. Has to at least break even to keep it.

One thing isnfor sure when your oil shears down to a low 30 w you can sure feel it in the way the motor runs. One nice rhing about huei. If you pay attnetion you shoukd never go to far past a oil change time just on feel alone.

Powersmoker

Reaction score
I have 250/100's and am in need of more oil. I was planning on buying a srp1 and using that for my "big oil" but they are still on back order from what I have been told. Just curious if the gen3 would be to much? I have one sitting here that will be going on my pulling truck. Just wondering if I can throw it on for the time being.

Gen3 will be fine, I used to run 230cc injectors with mine. You will need to get some different tunes tho if using the gen3. Ipr duty cycle will need to be reduced

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I have already spoken to Marty about getting different tunes. He said that he would get the tunes I need.

Well after all the experiences everyone on here has spoken off I am def. going to put this on till I can get my hands on a srp1.

Thanks guys

TARM

Reaction score
Tarm how long have you been running that oil in your truck?

About 40K now on the current Excursion. Been using it for some time though. Run it in ALL my vehicles gassers included. I have found most of their product line to be the best I have used and have over time switched over to it. I get a good discount buying in bulk. I use the All Trans for trans and power steering. There full POA syn gear oils for the axles /difs Full syn grease for lube joints etc... Fuel additive has show good results for me as well. Especially in the winter. IMO if you can get it I woudl at least give it a try.

Whytry

Reaction score
I plan to, what do the temps get to in your area most everyone I talk to tells me that I suddent use the 5w40 the only oil I should use is 15w40 but personal I think it is fine. temps here range from highs in of like 100 to 0. Just wanted to see what your input was on the matter.

Latest posts

Members online