New PHP HYDRA 17-POSITION CHIP

Groovy Chick

Reaction score
hydra_full_kit_small_web.jpg

Power Hungry Performance is pleased to announce the release of the NEW HYDRA Multi-Position Chip! Redesigned from the ground up, the Hydra Chip™ provides Ford owners with a feature packed, high quality, low cost alternative to many of the existing modules on the market today.

Starting at $425 - INCLUDES 15 STANDARD CALIBRATIONS!
• Custom calibrations are $25 each
• HYDRA Chip includes chip, switch, ribbon cable, USB cable, USB thumb drive with instructions and demonstration videos); an optional extension cable and mounting bracket may be purchased separately for those customers who wish to program their chip without removing it from the PCM
• 17 TOTAL POSITIONS including built-in Module Bypass (for diagnostics or emissions testing) and No-Start
• Easy to read TWO DIGIT removable display switch that mounts on any flat surface for maximum convenience
• Optional dash-mounted USB cable for permanent installation
• Supports most competitors’ calibrations!
• Fully compatible with PATS-equipped vehicles

• Update and Reprogram ONLINE using our FREE HydraFlash™ software
• Choose from our extensive library of standard calibrations
• Program and Verify ONE or MORE positions with one click
• Program calibrations in ANY POSITION(s) — or leave ANY positions blank!
• A single position takes less than 20 seconds to Program and Verify
• Reprogram without removing the chip from the PCM
• Read the factory PCM calibration directly through the chip

Please see our website or Facebook page for more details!

We will be accepting new dealers in the coming months. Dealers must have a store-front or an online retail website and provide us with a tax i.d. number. Please contact [email protected] for more information about becoming a dealer.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Very nice... I may need to try one of these, all my TS blanks are getting on in years.

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
Although I don't see the need for the number of tunes, some do though, the flash idea, and leaving the chip in place seems very convenient for updates/tweaks.

Groovy Chick

Reaction score
Frankly, it has been our experience that most customers find 2-3 tunes they like and use them 90% of the time. However, we've been offering the FU chip for a few years now, and customers seem to really like the idea of having access to all of our standard tunes for their trucks. We've also offered hybrid tunes (ex: Whisper Mode / 80 Daily Driver) so that our customers could make the most from the six positions that the TS chip offers. Now, they don't have to make that choice! :D

The Hydra Chip encompasses many things that we wanted to give to our customers:

• a fair price
  • access to all of our standard tunes
  • the ability to reburn their chips without having to remove them from the PCM
  • eliminated the need to ship chips back and forth when changes are necessary
  • free super-easy-to-use software to burn their chips

We're also working on some additional chip features that customers will be able to access for free online as they become available. :D

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Corey, would I be able to get the Will Iott dyno tune ......

Hopefully you or Bill will remember him.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
So this can be used with your guys tuning as well as anyone none DP related correct?

For instance can a guy load 5 Tony Wildman tunes, 4 PHP tunes, and 3 Cale Thompson tunes if he has them all saved on his computer?

Just trying to make it more clear for those that may be interested! I absolutely love the product idea, we will be ordering soon.

ToMang07

Reaction score
So this can be used with your guys tuning as well as anyone none DP related correct?

For instance can a guy load 5 Tony Wildman tunes, 4 PHP tunes, and 3 Cale Thompson tunes if he has them all saved on his computer?

Just trying to make it more clear for those that may be interested! I absolutely love the product idea, we will be ordering soon.

I didn't think of that.....that would be frickin cool if that was an option!

Bobby@cp

Reaction score

This is leading me to like the product more and want it.....

Groovy Chick

Reaction score

EXACTLY! (Pretty cool idea, huh?) :D Dealers who have their own tunes that they've written or paid for can burn them onto the Hydra, too.

Thanks for posting!

Last edited:

Groovy Chick

Reaction score
Corey, would I be able to get the Will Iott dyno tune ......

Hopefully you or Bill will remember him.

Sure do remember Will. Was it two years this summer? Anyway... don't want to think about the sad. I never got to meet him in person, but we spoke on the phone many times, and I liked him a lot. :)

I'm sure Billy still has Will's dyno tune.