How to Measure EGT Temp

Strokerguy

Reaction score
I have done the following: EGR delete from sinister diesel, Spartan DashDaq W/warhammer, straight pipe, AFE cold air intake. How do I go about getting my EGT's monitored and setup to where I can have the parameters set on my spartan tuner? I called Spartan and they couldn't tell me what to do??? Thanks guys. Just wanna keep the truck for awhile. Waiting patiently for a aftermarket turbo so I can get a lil more out of her!!

WHY NOT

Reaction score
The lower egr blocker plate need a bung in it to do this. (the one in the manifold). You would use one of the 4 sensors that are in the DPF and plug it into where you unplugged the sensor on the short EGR pipe. Then put the sensor in the lower blocker plate to get manifold EGT's which are the ones you want. This is how it works on the H&S tuner at least. My Sinister EGR delete kit had a hole in it for a probe, but it was not the right size for the factory sensor. So i had a local welding shop put a bung in for the sensor to fix the problem. Hope this makes sense and helps

Strokerguy

Reaction score
Think so. Where did you get the bung? Part number? And yes I know the spot you are talking about. That hole looked small for anything that was in the exhaust.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
The welding shop just used something they had there. It was pipe thread. Another way to go about it is to buy the EGT kit from H&S which is just the blocker plates with a bung in them I think they are $40. I would get ahold of spartan again though just to be sure you can use the factory sensor. I know with their new update you can get EGT's but I am not sure how to go about it. But that is how you get it to work with H&S.

Strokerguy

Reaction score
Well if I can't get it to work with Spartan ill get a H&S. .What good is a WarHammer tune if I can't run it and not worry about blowing something.

Also do you have to pull the cab to stud a 6.7 like the 6.0's??

Last edited:

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I know you should be able to get EGT's with the spartan.

As far as the studs go, there is no need for them unless you are doing a complete engine build. The rods will fail and put a hole in the block before you will lift the heads.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
I know you should be able to get EGT's with the spartan.

As far as the studs go, there is no need for them unless you are doing a complete engine build. The rods will fail and put a hole in the block before you will lift the heads.

Sad but true.

Sent from a crack house somewhere in the hood!

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Well if I can't get it to work with Spartan ill get a H&S. .What good is a WarHammer tune if I can't run it and not worry about blowing something.

Also do you have to pull the cab to stud a 6.7 like the 6.0's??

If you are in or around Baton Rouge CSC customs on Airline are good guys and I'm sure they will have what you are looking for when it comes to H&S stuff and if not he can get it.

Sent from a crack house somewhere in the hood!

Strokerguy

Reaction score
One more question. When I do get this thing working properly (EGT Probe) what should I set my parameters at for my truck?? Also run water meth kit? Or no.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Yeah my truck runs great now that its tuned and deleted. I don't beat on it to much either though.

Misspelled from my phone

WHY NOT

Reaction score
If you try to do a 1/4 mile blast I bet your truck would most likely see 1450ish. The majority of the my truck never gets over 900 with how I drive, but if I do take it to the track I don't want it defueling on me

WHY NOT

Reaction score
what if your leaving the truck stock for now (at least in till the warrenty is up )

KEM egt kit would be best IMO. It is a factory egr pipe with a bung welded in it. To get the pre-turbo egts. I do have a kit sitting here if you are interested in it. I highly doubt they could void your warranty using factory parts. And I don't know of another way to get them leaving the egr in tact

Misspelled from my phone

Latest posts

Members online