LEDs in Instrument Column

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
In my truck I have autometer cobalt gauges with are the awesome blue and I also have a blue radio. I watched a lil video on how to change out my bulbs but I could not find how to on a Ford truck. Is their anything I need to worry about putting them in? Also where can I get the bulbs to do this? Id like to do it in my temperature controls as well. Any info to help me out on this would be appreciated.

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
One thing to remember is that the instrument clusters have a green film behind them that make them green. The lights are actually white/clear. You will need to remove the green backing from the instrument cluster, otherwise your blue led's will have a weird tint to them. I have not personally done this, but have looked into it.

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Im pretty sure it either has to be scraped off or sanded off. Not completely sure. I will look for a write-up on the whole thing sometime this weekend.

VanoFord

Reaction score
I did this conversion to my 06 F150. Something besides removing the green film is that you will need new needles, as these oem are red plastic and won't get your led through. The 02 explorer needles work well. Here's a link to my .5T ford forum where we talk about it, people ask lots of questions and stuff. I'll be attempting this to my lariat cluster prolly over Xmas.

http://www.fordfullsize.com/forum/f73/led-cluster-color-swap-who-can-do-939/

Latest posts

Members online