Help choosing subs and components

Addicted4

Reaction score
Looking at running 3 10" subs behind the seat of my 03 cclb.

jl audio 10wxv2
pioneer shallow mount
diamond audio d1's

diamond d363
alpine type sps-600c
boston sc60

Already have boston sr80 in the front but was going to put them in the back and put components up front. Looking for options on subs and front door speakers thanks

Spatel23

Reaction score
Take a look at the jl w3s. 2 of them back there would sound great. I've got one in my 02, and two in my 08. Really happy with both setups.
I'd put the Boston sc60 component set up front

jdc753

Reaction score
For the subs if you put 3 on the same power as 2 you won't gain much if anything, now if you do 3 and feed them full power you will be ahead, but more isn't always better. Plus proper airspace is key also.

Also 10's vs 12's the only difference will come with the larger subs being able to play lower with more authority (f3 stat on the T/S specs) Don't believe the hype of smaller subs being tighter or faster, while larger subs are sloppier.

When comparing 3x 10's vs 2x 12's you will only be gaining 2in^2 of cone area by going with the 3 tens over the pair of 12's which will be negligible at best. I would run the 2 12's and be done with it, probable spend less money, and makes the wiring situation easier.

Fordkid

Reaction score
I have 2 w3 8ins in my truck and good door speakers my truck hit very hard. Was Not expecting what I got.

Last edited:

Addicted4

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses and i will keep you updated as i work on the stereo in my build.

2003 cclb 4x4 7.3 auto king ranch interior dvd in both headrests and still waiting to get a double din in the dash and components for the doors and then subs,

Addicted4

Reaction score
Anyone running Mb Quart onx216?? diamond 363?

Also when going to stereo stores they all have there own opinion on how many subs, 3 10's, 2 12's..... sealed box or ported. So many otions and having a hard time throwing down the cash when every has various options