Finally got my Edge CTS - Installing on Pillar

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I finally picked up a Edge CTS. My goal was to try and mount is using a standard Insight pillar mount and the CTS adapter. So I ordered these:

Autometer 13001 pillar pod:

p41433c.jpg

And the CTS adapter from Edge:

Edge Products| Product

product-xlarge_image-131.jpg

Here are the instructions for the adapter:

SCAN0028.png

SCAN0029.png

Basically the adapter attaches to the back of the CTS and the the adapter snaps into the regular insight pod.

Here is the pod in the truck:

8156bcd8.png

01854b21.png

Here is the adapter snapped in the pod:

db47df29.png

50b14ca1.png

c2a5b299.png

48f40a4b.png

So today when the CTS came in, I attached the adapter to the back of it and snapped it in the pillar pod, fit perfect:

2900ad65.jpg

ebc05ecc.jpg

The way the cable attaches to the back of the monitor does keep the monitor from snapping in completely with the cable attached.

91b4d5eb.jpg

Here is how it sits, good and flush, when the cable doesnt hit:

3e2f4223.jpg

I'm going to have to mess around with it some more tomorrow if I get some time. I'll probably have to clearance the pod to allow the cable to fit into it so the monitor can fit completely flush in the pod. I'll update when I get a chance to get it figured out. On a side not, I was kind of worried about the CTS being too big, but when it came in and I got it in my hand, I think its perfect!! Here is a picture with a $10 bill next to it for size reference:

09c04fbd.jpg

Last edited:

Irontx

Reaction score
Thats nice and compact. Wish I had time to come up with a mounting option for mine. Got a quad pod plus the CTS.

Looks good man.

JDub

Reaction score
I installed the CTS in my 6.4L this past weekend, added some of their EAS attachments. Got the backup camera and the outside ambient temp sensor (since my XLT truck doesn't have a factory one). Very happy with the whole system.

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Well I had to make about a three hour trip today, so I plugged the CTS up so I could see what kind of readings I was getting (even though its not permanently mounted yet lol).

This was after about an hour of driving, averaging about 70 MPH. Let me know how the numbers look. Sorry for the pics, hard to take a pic with the IPhone while doing 70mph+ in the rain lol:

40a97b5d.jpg

4e897d70.jpg

Also put it up by the mirror while I was driving to see how it looked up there:

2b1ca56a.jpg

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I just helped Mike (Sick97PSD) install one of these in his Dmax over the weekend - very slick setup - I was really impressed. We even added a handful of extra sensors to monitor lift pump pressure, total backpressure, total boost, in between boost, etc.....

JDub

Reaction score
I just helped Mike (Sick97PSD) install one of these in his Dmax over the weekend - very slick setup - I was really impressed. We even added a handful of extra sensors to monitor lift pump pressure, total backpressure, total boost, in between boost, etc.....

Yeah, the EAS sensors are sweet. I've been told they are getting close on the datalogging function as well. Which will make it ever cooler

Lowdown89

Reaction score
That looks really good! I'm assuming that mean you can mount the CTS in any mount designed for the older insight.. I have 3 gauges on the pillar and was wanting to mount it over the mirror like you did in the 1 pic.. Anyway like I said it looks really nice!

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I thought a 15 degree difference meant it was time? I think that's even programmed into one of fords flashes?

You know...after a quick Google search, it does look like Ford recommends 15 degrees. My apologies.

Latest posts

Members online