911 help and ideas

smokedout250

Reaction score
Okay so I shut my truck off and herd a tink tink tink from the turbo let it cool off went out pulled the boot... well I ran my fingers around the housing couldn't feel a rough spot but I did come up with a little bit of metal on my fingers.... also the turbo is covered in exhuast
2011-06-21_20-18-11_563.jpg

2011-06-21_20-17-59_963.jpg

Tom S

Reaction score
Are all of the exhaust housing bolts in place and tight?

Tom S

Reaction score
Well you have a decent exhaust side leak for sure. I would also bet the bearings in the turbo are done and it is hitting the housing. I was wondering if the exhaust housing was loose and it was hitting on that side. Time for the new set up you have been thinking about?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Well you have a decent exhaust side leak for sure. I would also bet the bearings in the turbo are done and it is hitting the housing. I was wondering if the exhaust housing was loose and it was hitting on that side. Time for the new set up you have been thinking about?

Just found this.... :whs:

That is what I would think to..

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL Thanks for awnsering twice..

Yes you would need a new turbo.. Or to get you buy for now you could do a rebuild, with a kit you can get for 75 to 125 dollars..

A cheap way to keep the turbo going a littl elonger intill you have the parts for the swap you want to do..

smokedout250

Reaction score
Well either a kit from jake at irate or h2e but bell turbo is a local company who builds custom turbos he's only half hour away from me but id rather have an irate kit or h2e

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
That should be a good combo for your pickup...

Pictures when you get it, and when you put it in..

Jakes kits are nice.. He does a good job..

Latest posts

Members online