tool needed in Ft. Worth

TexasA&M

Reaction score
Anyone in Ft. Worth (preferable the west side) have a contraption to help me find a boost leak? I've heard of people building a cap or some sort to put over the turbo inlet to pressurize the system and then use soap/water to find the leak.

Anyhow, figured this is worth a shot.

TexasA&M

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer. I'm hitting the road this weekend and then will be without the truck for a couple of weeks (trading my dad vehicles). I will definitely hit you up when I get back, assuming I haven't found the problem by then.

TexasA&M

Reaction score
Excellent. I've been chasing a low boost problem ever since installing my MTW stage 1 turbo. I figured out that my FICM was going downhill, which was contributing to part of the problem (especially the high EGTs), but I'm still only seeing ~22psi at most using stock tunes (while the truck is running empty). I'm going to clean out the EBP sensor and tube tonight and then load up a tow tune for the weekend while I head south with 8k lbs behind me. If I see ~28psi while towing, is it safe to assume that the truck is working correctly, or could I still have a problem since I don't see that high of boost while running empty?

Latest posts

Members online