Window Tint Questions

sniper_101

Reaction score
Hey guys. Looking to tint my truck, it has the factory tint on the rear which seems like 35%, maybe slightly darker, but it doesn't seem like 20%. I'd like to have 20% all-round . . .

Can tint be layered? What does 35% on top of the light factory tint look like? How close does it come to 20%? Anyone do 35% on the just the front?

Just kind of looking for some suggestions and opinions, maybe some pictures of your tint. Not going to do darker than 20%, as I can't see sh!t at night to back up/with a trailer or avoid running into stuff in the grass or mud.

Thanks guys, Kyle.

Layson

Reaction score
20 on the front pretty much matched the rear glass in mine.

jdc753

Reaction score
I would say 20% will match the back nicely, the fronts being tinted will make the backs look a little darker too with the less light getting into the cab. I do have times when I roll the windows down to back into places, but still want to go to 20%, but in the meantime the 35% does work nicely.

I have 35% on my fronts with everything else factory, trouble with pictures of tint though is that it always looks different depending on the lighting.

This is 35% on the fronts with plenty of light coming through the windshield lighting everything up.
26303_536204195750_41901877_31590070_4895027_n.jpg

Now on the opposite end of the spectrum, believe it or not this is 100% factory tint. The front glass metered out at 48% inside the shop before it was stripped and the 35% film put on (metered at 33%)

n41901877_30522600_8926.jpg

Whytry

Reaction score
like my windows really dark mine have two sheets of 5% on all the windows and then 20% on the hole front windsheild but I think you would be happy with anything over what you have.

Mdub707

Reaction score
like my windows really dark mine have two sheets of 5% on all the windows and then 20% on the hole front windsheild but I think you would be happy with anything over what you have.

:jawdrop:

I think I'm going to do 20% all around on mine and over the factory back stuff. I don't really care how dark the back stuff gets.

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind is....the rear windows don't have tint on them from the factory. They are actually tinted glass, that offers none of the benefits of UV protection or anything features that actual tint will give you. With that being said, you don't have to worry about "stacking" the tint, because they don't have tint on them.

Whytry

Reaction score
I would also suggest getting the front tinted I love it but just a thought. 20% will look good on it.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I would also suggest getting the front tinted I love it but just a thought. 20% will look good on it.

20% on the windshield? Seems a little excessive? How do you see anything? I have enough troubles seeing without the tint! I've thought of doing something like 50% on the windshield just for a little bit, but 20% seems ridiculous~!

Whytry

Reaction score
20% on the windshield sounds worse than it really is most people when they ride in my truck say o that isn't bad at all to see out of. Now for the sides to see out of those at night you have to roll them down or have some good back up lights lol.

Snake

Reaction score
Ive been thinking about putting some 20% on all the back windows, anyone know what I would need to match the front to that?

If you're doing 20% over the factory tinted glass, you'll need 5-10% on the front door windows if you want them to match.

In regards to the other question, 20% on the front glass will match the factory tinted glass in the back.

MT Pockets

Reaction score
I have 5% all the way around and doubled on the rear windows (just a strip on the windshield) and to be honest its great in the daytime but at night its damn near impossible to safely back into anywhere. :rockon:

Latest posts

Members online