HIDs...

mclean

Reaction score
I have the same problem after about 9 months of using my HIDs, I lose the RH light. I had it happen with the retro solutions kit and whatever kit I have in there now. Usually I can just flick the switch on and off and they both come back on but now that isn't working any more.

Before I pull all the ballasts out and test all connections (it is sub freezing up here now haha), anyone else have this issue?

Extended Power

Reaction score
I don't, but I sure see a lot of one eyed trucks and cars with only one HID headlight working. (aftermarket units)

Reaction score
sub freezing up here now haha),

Actually had a similar problem my buddy had retro solutions when it got cold below freezing and worse when he first turned his lights on they were very dim after a minute or two they worked just fine but in warmer temps they were just fine. Retro solutions told him it was normal. You may have bulb going bad?

SamW

Reaction score
Yes, happens with mine regularly. Let me know what you find out. Mine is passenger side as well, kit is 2 years old

Sent from Tapatalk 2

TrueBlissCustoms

Reaction score
We've seen this problem with cheaper manufactured H.I.D ballasts. For anyone out there that can simply solder, a 16V 3300 micro farad capacitor you should get rid of that problem.

mclean

Reaction score
We've seen this problem with cheaper manufactured H.I.D ballasts. For anyone out there that can simply solder, a 16V 3300 micro farad capacitor you should get rid of that problem.

I think I actually have that capacitor in my junk drawer (center consol haha), from retro. Where does it go?

I have a spare bulb from my retro kit, probably try that tomorrow. I hate the one eyed look

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Did you get a relay with your kit Nick?

:whs:

You need to run a relay system for your HID's to power on. This way you are using power straight from the batteries instead of through the stock headlight harness. This is a really big problem when vehicles have daytime running headlights.

TrueBlissCustoms

Reaction score
The capacitor goes on the power and ground side of the power that plugs into your ballast. On the Capacitor theres a stripe that goes down one side (this is the ground side) or the shorter of the two prongs coming out is the ground side.

chappy

Reaction score
I know you can omh the wiring to test it and make sure its not a wiring issue. I had to do it to prove to retro solutions that my truck wiring wasn't the issue and the ballast was. But as usual I send the ballast in to retro and they say its locked up and my fault . Anything to deny a warrenty claim on there crappy china made ballasts. @nd one that went bad and it was the right one. Testing showedup good though on my wiring. I blame it on crappy quality ballasts from retro solutions as usual.

Pmac21

Reaction score
I had this problem with mine after I had the cab off. Mine was from a bad ground on that side. I moved the ground to a different location and haven't had a problem in about a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online