So I have a problem.....

Bigcountry250

Reaction score
With all this emissions stuff going on I'm kinda wishing I had gotten a non DPF truck. Problem is I damn sure don't want a 6.0 and don't wanna go back to a 7.3. Thinking about looking into maybe trading for a 07 megacab. Thought? Opinions?

MINK

Reaction score
Ironic, I was just looking at 6.7s today lol

If you want a toy, yes a 06-07 5.9 mega cab would be nice but for a reliable DD you cant beat a stock 6.7 Ford IMO.

Reaction score
Im assuming you have 6.7 by your picture. If so you have a really good truck stock. It gets better fuel economy, more power, nicer truck and all around a better choice than a 07 dodge. If modding is what your into than it limits your choices. For what its worth I have been heavily debating on trading my 6.4 for a new super duty or new f150 with the eco boost. The 6.7s have had their issues but i truly believe there the best heavy duty pick up on the market at the present time. I have road in plenty of 5.9 mega cabs yea they have room but bottom line there still a dodge, ride like a lumber wagon, have lawn chairs for seats and there door seals suck so you get air noise coming thru while your driving down the road. I might be biased but i have always owned ford with the exception of a brand new 07 chevy 1500 vortec max that got traded in after 10k miles of nothing but problems. I hope this helps

Bigcountry250

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I've also thought about setting my truck back to stock and just using it as a DD and eventually buying another older truck to play with.

Reaction score
I would go that route. I looked at an 04 f250 ecsb 6.0 with 113k i could pick up for 9500 in the thoughts of returning the 6.4 to stock and modding the 6.0

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Just drive your truck how it is and enjoy it. No need to worry and put it back to stock yet.

Bigcountry250

Reaction score
Ok ill just keep it like it is, tuner and DPF delete. I love the fuel mileage I'm getting! Tons better than my last 7.3 on 38's lol

Biggpigg4x4

Reaction score
Just tell them your running the "extreme high flow DPF" that just happens to look like a delete pipe.

Fromojo

Reaction score
I went from a 7.3L to an 06 Cummins. My 7.3L was nothing radical, just the typical bolt on mods, and the lucky new owner got a BTS 4R100.

I don't regret it. If you like the way the Dodge looks, go for it. The interior is a bit behind times in my 06, compared to Ford.

I didn't want a 6.0L, nor a 6.4L and a 6.7L was a little out of my price range.

Bigcountry250

Reaction score
My goal is to eventually buy a 2nd or 3rd gen 24v and build a pull/race truck and heavily modify that and just use my 6.7 as a tow truck.

Latest posts

Members online