Replacement Door Handles

1996 Scorpion

Reaction score
Hey guys just had a quick question due to a recent development (about 20 minutes ago) Sometimes my drivers door on my 96 F-250 sticks and today I didnt notice that it was sticking and I pulled a little too hard on my door handle. Well I snapped it off and now I'm in need of a new door handle.

Should I just go to the junk yard and get another OEM one or is there anything better out there? or do parts stores carry them? Throw all your knowledge on this subject my way I'm all ears.

1996 Scorpion

Reaction score
Aight i'll check it out, and yes it was a very startling development haha now I have to gorilla my door to get it open.

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
Most part stores carry the plastic ones, which lmc says is factory for our trucks. But the metal ones off of the older trucks will also work, Carquest carries those.

Tom S

Reaction score
Is your cable streched or the inside door panel cracked around the bolt holes?

Poon

Reaction score
Mine got hard to pull once to the point of breaking it. A little Wd40 and it's easy as new again.

1996 Scorpion

Reaction score
Dunno if my cable is stretched or if there is a crack I haven't taken the panel off yet to see. I'm going to wait for the new handle to get here before I pull the panel.

Tom S

Reaction score
Well check for that I think what happens in that the release does not actuate quick enough and you pull the handle back to far and hard.

Latest posts

Members online