Rev-X Oil Additive

07stroker

Reaction score
I see a lot of guys talkin about Rev-X oil additive, just wondering if anybody has had any experiences with it or thoughts on it?

Atsah

Reaction score
I have read many posts about the stuff.. It seems that it works for some people that have sticktion issues.. No additive is going to fix injectors that need replacing.. It's expensive to add to an allready pricey oil change to prolong the inedible..

Dalpilot

Reaction score
I have thousands of customers that use it and have not had a single complaint that it didn't do exactly what it was supposed to do.

07stroker

Reaction score
My truck has 95k miles on it now. I believe I may be having slight sticktion issues, but nothin too serious at this point. I was just looking for something to help the injectors out as long as possible before I bite the bullet and eventually upgrade my injectors.

Atsah

Reaction score
My truck has 95k miles on it now. I believe I may be having slight sticktion issues, but nothin too serious at this point. I was just looking for something to help the injectors out as long as possible before I bite the bullet and eventually upgrade my injectors.

My guess is that you may be a good candidate for the stuff... What oil do you use?

07stroker

Reaction score
I have been using Rotella T6 synthetic 5w-40 for about the last 4 oil changes now. Before that rotella 15w-40...I changed over when it got cold last fall due to rough starting issues but it surfaced to be a bum FICM.
And I do not let my oil go over 5,000 miles on an oil change.

Atsah

Reaction score
Sounds like your doing the right things.. The Rev-X might work for ya..:shrug:

Atsah

Reaction score
I had two injectors last year with sticktion issues.. I had the injector power balance performed.. I replaced the two and all is well.. If i didn't have the money to replace them, I would have given the snake oil a try..

purpleheart350

Reaction score
I use valvoline premium blue extreme with rev-x and i have noticed a differnce on how my truck runs, and I love it. It sounds and feels like it runs smoother

silverbullet4x4

Reaction score
I've heard good things about it. Over on the nation there is a writeup on the stuff with some good info.(hate to be directing anyone over there, lol)

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
I use petro can synthetic 5/40 oil with rev x. Love the stuff. My wifes excursion would not start at -20 without being plugged in. Put rev x in. Went on a 1000mile road trip. And its been starting at -20 ever since without the block heater being plugged in. I recommend. It works

worldwide73

Reaction score
The longer its in the the truck the better it works. I added to mine and I have had great results and a definate reduction in stiction.

Dalpilot

Reaction score
It will not fix a bad injector, but hands down it will get rid of stiction issues. We ahve been selling it for nearly 2 years and it works great. Let me know if I can help.

07stroker

Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughts/opinions guys. I'm gonna give it a try....I'll report back once I run it the truck for a bit.

mattymx

Reaction score
It will not fix a bad injector, but hands down it will get rid of stiction issues. We ahve been selling it for nearly 2 years and it works great. Let me know if I can help.

Hey Tim. Is this an additive for every change or add some every few changes?

Dalpilot

Reaction score
It is recommended for every change as it is an oil additive, not an engine additive. It DOES NOT attach to the metal or add anything to the surface. When you drain the oil, you drain the rev-x as well. What you are doing in between is just allowing the stiction issue to develop again then adding the Rev-x on a subsequent oil change gets rid of it. However you are risking hanging a spool valve or damaging the injector in the interim. Its relatively cheap insurance.

Were having these issues because the EPA mandated oil companies remove so much out of the oil a while back. Rev-x is making your oil what it was supposed to be when the 6.0 injectors were developed and then making it even better.

Dalpilot

Reaction score
Yeah it started as a joke by a couple of guys on a few of the sites I sponsored. They called it snake oil until we tested it on 20 trucks randomly chosen by members. All 20 had excellent results. I started saying if its snake oil, it must be really good snake oil. SO folks started saying, "Lovingly" I was a snake oil salesman. It kind of stuck.

Latest posts

Members online