How do i determine what my injectors flow?

JD3020

Reaction score
Long story short i bought a set of injectors last February, but i don't really know what they are. They came out of a motor that blew a head gasket at a shop in Columbus dumping all the coolant into the motor, and the shop had to buy the customer an all new motor. One of our buddies bought the blown motor and parted it out. I got the injectors which the shop said are stage 1's, 160cc with stock nozzles. It also had a D66 turbo on it which got sold.

Right now i have one torn down(by the shop that blew the motor) and one partially torn down(brother trying to figure out how they went together) and i wanna know if these are really stage 1's or not before i do anything with them. So what do i need to measure to determine what they should flow? I know the accurate way is to get em flowtested, but i don't wanna spend the time and money to ship em off if i can get an idea of what they are on my own.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Unless you take them apart, you won't be able to tell. Also, the nozzles are something that need to be checked.

JD3020

Reaction score
I'm gonna tear down the one my brother started on since it should be the same as the others and wasn't messed with by this shop. What exactly will i be looking for?

co04cobra

Reaction score
What code solenoids? T444Es came stock with a AC code or 160 single shot with a stock nozzle. So were they "built" by somebody or did they just use a set out of a 444 motor?

Tom S

Reaction score
I would not pass that offer up by Nate. I think it would be worth the money to have a good injector guy give them a once over.

co04cobra

Reaction score
You def. cant beat that offer. Guys if I was wrong on what I told him please dont let me lead him astray.

JD3020

Reaction score
What code solenoids? T444Es came stock with a AC code or 160 single shot with a stock nozzle. So were they "built" by somebody or did they just use a set out of a 444 motor?

They were built injectors. The solenoids are a mix of all of em, AA's, AB's(i think), AD's, AE's. I wish they were AC's, but instead i have a bastardized set of injectors. :shrug: All i know is they were stage 1 single shots that came out of the same motor.

You're more than welcome to bring one by the shop next week and we can determine exactly what they are for you.

PM sent

TARM

Reaction score
Nate or anyone that may know,

How much of a negative efect does running various different soleniods in the same set of injectors?

I would think there could be some timing differences etc..

co04cobra

Reaction score
Everyone seems to do it. I have wondered the same thing but it has to be minimal.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

How much of a negative efect does running various different soleniods in the same set of injectors?

A solenoid is just an electromagnet... on and off. As long as it's in good shape.

Casserly

Reaction score

As long as they are a performance injector, it doesn't make a difference what solenoid they are.

To the OP, if they are Stage 1 injectors, they are the same as AC injectors as far as flow. Definitely get with Nate and have them gone through.

JD3020

Reaction score
Well i finally got time to make the sorta long drive(5-6 hours round trip) down to Unlimited. Nate threw my injectors on the flowbench and got some interesting readings. But it looks like they are 175cc injectors. I left em there for him to babysit, and when i go pick em up they should be 175/100%.:redspotdance:

Latest posts

Members online