Pre-made Efuel system opinions

JDNeis

Reaction score
So my stock fuel pump is starting to leak. And I dont feel like spending the $200+ on getting a new stocker when I am going to upgrade to Efuel eventually. So I guess it is a good thing cause it gives me a reason to upgrade.

Now I dont have the time or the means to fab up and peice together my own system, so I just want to buy one of the prefabed systems that are out there.

My questions for everyone here is what your opinions are on the different ones such as the CPR, The Beans system or the Carson Stauffer system, or if there is another system on the market that I dont know about. Im and kinda leaning towards the Beans OR CS systems just cause the CPR is a little bit out of my price range. Any help would be appriciated fellas, I need to get this thing on order ASAP so I can get the work done next weekend. Cause my fuel mileage is just plumiting by the minute.

Thanks Again

Jared

Last edited:

97powerstroke

Reaction score
Cpr is the way to go I put one on my truck and it was a night and day difference.I don't regret spending a single penny on it.

1996 Scorpion

Reaction score
The only one I have experience with is the beans system so it gets my vote. Very clean looking and install was very easy, also it smoothed out the truck at idle big time and no more messy fuel leak.

JDNeis

Reaction score
All I know is that I need advice and opinions quick. I need to order whatever system I am getting by tomorrow so that I can have it at my uncles house before next weekend. So that I can install it while I am home for the Long weekend. Wasnt something I was looking forward to doing on my long weekend at home but hey S@#T happens. LOL:D

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
Beans gets my vote. Very clean looking and comes with everything you need. Customer service is top notch as well. I agree about the idle difference as well.

I was in the same position as you pissing money away with it leaking and i dont regret the grand I spent at Beans one bit. Couldn't tell a difference in power but its piece of mind knowing you have a better pump for injectors later on down the road.

JDNeis

Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered myself the Beans system. And like everyone has said the customer service was superb. Special Thanks to Eric, he helped me out and hooked me up a lot.

Cant wait for it to get here so I can get it on the truck and Installed, so I can stop the fuel from hemorraging from my truck. Sucks when this truck is the DD and I have nothing else to do expect eat it till the problem is fixed.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Jared

Tom S

Reaction score
Please take some photos and provide us with your comments on this. A full write up would be awesome since so many guys with OBS 7.3 trucks want to go with electric fuel.

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
Please take some photos and provide us with your comments on this. A full write up would be awesome since so many guys with OBS 7.3 trucks want to go with electric fuel.
Speaking of write ups. I haven't looked but have you copy and pasted yours about the tru-cool transmission cooler?

I have been waiting for the person that asked.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDNeis

Reaction score

Tom,

Ill do my best to take pictures during the install. Usually I get so caught up in working on it that everything else just goes out the window and I forget to take pix. But I will try my damndest this time. I wont be putting it in until next weekend. Hopefully I will get it installed in a reasonable amount of time because I will be doing it while I am back home visiting for the Extended weekend.

Mini-Stroke...

Reaction score
Hurry please, lol I wanna know how much of a headache (read: BEERS) this is before I pull the trigger on mine

old man dave

Reaction score
Bean's system goes in nice and easy. I selected the rear tank initially and had no fuel priming problems since the fuel will gravity flow from the rear tank to charge the system.

Reaction score
I have the CPR system. The install was very smooth except for the stock rear, driver side fuel fitting snapping off in the head when I tried to pull it out. I read through the instructions once a couple days before the install. The instructions were very good and easy to follow if you need to follow them step by step. I usually just attack it, so I didn't read through them much during install. I noticed a bit smoother idle and maybe a little quicker starting. The only reason I bought it in the first place was b/c I got tired of fuel leaks. Only had one leak since then, so I'm happy with that.

This is at no fault of the fuel system setup that I can tell, but for some reason it has always dropped pressure. I can have someone rev it and watch the FP gauge and it will drop from 65 down to 55-60 for a split second. I have no clue what it does at WOT on the highway since I've been too lazy to get a gauge to run in the cab, but all in all it works good and I have no complaints.

I monitor fuel pressure via a hobbs switch set at 45 psi. On a launch it can sometime drop enough to just flash that light for a second. The switch is on the feed side of the heads so that might have something to do with it. I run one SD pump on my own system. I never does it other then at a hard launch.

Last edited by a moderator:

purpleheart350

Reaction score
The CPR fuel system says it can run up to 22cc injrectors. I was woundering if any one know if it can get pushed that. I wanna run 238/80 and I am looking for a E-fuel that will hold up to it plus some. I know beans says it can hold up 250cc. I am just trying t get some info.

Reaction score
The CPR fuel system says it can run up to 22cc injrectors. I was woundering if any one know if it can get pushed that. I wanna run 238/80 and I am looking for a E-fuel that will hold up to it plus some. I know beans says it can hold up 250cc. I am just trying t get some info.

It should work ok w/ 238s, but it might need a bigger pump. The CPR system uses a stock SD fuel pump.

old man dave

Reaction score
I have an original bean's electric fuel setup with the Airtex fuel pump and Aeromotive regulator. I see the current system description says they use a single Walbro GSL 392 and Fuelab regulator. The original kit came with 3/8" pushlock hose and FM100 Stanadyne fuel filters.

My system drops to 62 psi from the initial 65 psi with stageII injectors. It picked up 8-10 hp and a broader torque curve over the mechanical system, 408hp from 399.8hp on the same dyno. The current pump supplied, the Walbro, is rated for higher flow than the Airtex pump in the kit I have.

The next system I'm making will use tank sumps, AN-10 (5/8") line, larger Stanadyne filters, and a fuelab pump. Should be able to handle the plain old DI B-codes that are going in.

Last edited:

Tom S

Reaction score
I believe Strictly Diesel is getting real close to putting a nice regulated return system for the OBS trucks on the market. Dennis does some nice fuel sytems so this should be slick.