why swap

steele86

Reaction score
whats the advantage of a cummine swap there both great power plates they both last a long time and get about the same mpg i had 2000 dodge for few years and traded up for a crew cab 7.3. i feel theres more power with 7.3 please give info thanks

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
The cummings is supposed to be better power to money ratio. Honestly i hate cummings and I see more of those blow up than anything, so I am a bit biased but it has to do with power to money ratio.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
:whs:. you can swap a 12v into a superduty and get it to a reliable 400hp or so for about the same as you can just putting parts into a 7.3 for a reliable 400hp. most people just see it as cheap power.

dirtflinger92

Reaction score
See

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353768678518.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353768678518.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 105

fordman2121

Reaction score
Its not so much for the guy looking for 400HP as the guy wanting double that plus. The 5.9 just needs some rod bolts and main studs to be super reliable at 800hp. Where as the 7.3 for example is needing rods. Plus with a 12v there is really no sensors to fail and leave you stranded. I would probably never do one as I like to be the "underdog" but my brother has one and is building another. To each his own.

steele86

Reaction score
your going to put money in every engine for big power. but going from a 7.3 wi the a pcm to a 12v cummins or 7.3idi or the gm 6.2 6.5 sound stupid its like me going buying 2012 ford 6.7 and taking it out for a 7.3 they both good engine the 6.7 is a better setup and it new technoigy why go backwards in time????????

mustangracer42

Reaction score
your going to put money in every engine for big power. but going from a 7.3 wi the a pcm to a 12v cummins or 7.3idi or the gm 6.2 6.5 sound stupid its like me going buying 2012 ford 6.7 and taking it out for a 7.3 they both good engine the 6.7 is a better setup and it new technoigy why go backwards in time????????
Reliability and simple to maintain for starters. I can pull my 12 valve out wire the fuel solenoid open, put power to the starter and it will run sitting on the floor until it runs out of fuel. Try that with your 6.0, duramax or either of the 6.7s. Technology is our friend but it can also be your enemy when your $hit leaves you on the side of the road and you cant fix it yourself.

Dont even get me started on the simplicity of power production.

Stainless

Reaction score
whats the advantage of a cummine swap there both great power plates they both last a long time and get about the same mpg i had 2000 dodge for few years and traded up for a crew cab 7.3. i feel theres more power with 7.3 please give info thanks

The cummings is supposed to be better power to money ratio. Honestly i hate cummings and I see more of those blow up than anything, so I am a bit biased but it has to do with power to money ratio.

Is there something seriously wrong with the both of you?

R u serious? :jawdrop:

Probably, he doesn't seem to be able to spell anything else correctly either.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Is there something seriously wrong with the both of you?

Why would you think that? I have respect for well built cummings, I dont see many of them tho. All I deal with are the nutswingers that have a clapped out ass farm truck that smoke and has a few bolt ons and they think it is a 700hp truck. At the track I see cummings pop hgs and eat trannys more than anything. At the local nadm races we saw 5 major engine failures in cummings yet none in any other brand, it seems like a lot of cummings guys think they don't have to do anything to hold power. I just get irritated by the people that think they are godly, yet I see they fail as much as every other truck. I guess ill rephrase my first post, i hate most cummings drivers.
Fat fingered from my phone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online