Running boards off

Ouch

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of there running boards on and off? I'm kinda kicking the idea of taking them off but want to get an idea what it would look like..

Spatel23

Reaction score
Take them off

old pic with them on

IMG_0876.jpg

off

1a972797.jpg

cfdeng7

Reaction score
I want to take them off my 05 cuz they hang so damn low (chrome steps not the running boards like spatel has) but the old lady wouldn't be to happy. And it is kinda nice not to have to jump in. Guess its time to blow a grand on amps...

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
If you have a female and/or shorter people that ride with you a lot, be forewarned you'll probably get b*tched at for taking them off...ask me how I know.

Took my factory chrome steps off...I could only stand a week or so of nagging so I went and got me a set of n-fabs.

jdc753

Reaction score
If you have a female and/or shorter people that ride with you a lot, be forewarned you'll probably get b*tched at for taking them off...ask me how I know.

ain't that the truth, heck I got more nagging from my 6'+ friends. My little 10 year old brother loved it, said it was like a jungle gym trying to climb into the truck. Common theme with my friends was "glad I brought my repelling rope so I can safely get out of this thing" or another goodie "Does your insurance cover injuries from people falling out of your truck"

I ended up putting the steps back on after 2 months of climbing in and out with a herniated disc in my lower back, just got tired of hurting it every 3rd time I'd get into the truck.

Ouch

Reaction score
I do like the look with them off.. Ill practice gettin in with out using the steps and see what i think.. thanks guys

David S.

Reaction score
I've always wanted to take mine off, but the girlfriend is only 5'3 haha so I'd be getting bitched at until I put them on

Ouch

Reaction score
I still havnt taken them off... possibly sometime... havnt had much time to play with the truck..

Salt could be a issue i suppose... wish I didnt have all the problems I did have i coulda afforded to paint it..

Latest posts

Members online