Changing seat covers

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I picked up some black seat covers to replace my current grey ones awhile back from a member on PSN, they're out of an 08 and I'm pretty sure they'll fit my 04 seats. My question is how hard are they to put on? I've only talked to one body shop and they quoted me like 350 bucks and I offered to take the seats out for them, that seems kinda high to me. I would like to try this myself but if it's something I'm gonna need specialty tools for (steamer, stretcher, ect.) then I'll probably just pay someone to do it. Does anyone have any info or advice?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
That's how it appears it would work when I look at the covers. I would assume I would need to take the new cover and flip them inside out and try to "roll" them onto the seats

i think there is some sewing that goes into it. not positive though.

florida 6.0

Reaction score
My buddy is an upholsterer , he said spray the foam with a little silicone spray , turn the covers inside out then roll them down the seat .

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I just had leather done in mine. He charged me $200 labor. He did it in an hour and a half, and didn't even pull the seats out.

hawkeyes

Reaction score
I had a few panels replaced on the wifes excursion. The covers were not to hard to r&r the only tool you need other than basic tools is hog ring pliers. Also you will need new hog rings.

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I had a few panels replaced on the wifes excursion. The covers were not to hard to r&r the only tool you need other than basic tools is hog ring pliers. Also you will need new hog rings.

I'm not real sure what hog pliers or hog rings are, do you know of any place that I could pick some up?

I need to get this done before I convince myself to spend a ton of money on some custom black leather ones :doh:

Latest posts

Members online