Opinions on nfab nerf bars

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Hey guys

Anybody have pictures of them on a crew cab super duty? What do you guys think of them? I hate the factory chrome steps on my 05. They hang so low but I do like having a step. And for 350 bucks they are a lot cheaper then amp steps. If anybody is good with photoshop and they could photoshop them on to my truck that would be awsome. Thanks guys

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1308921801005.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1308921801005.jpg
    688.5 KB · Views: 45
Reaction score
They look nice, but I had them on my 08 and quickly sold them and got AMP steps. I dont like the look of the factory ones either. The NFAB just doesnt have enough step in my mind. Its not big enough to firmly plant your foot and they were terrible when wet. AMP is the way to go even though they are much more expensive.

Betarocker

Reaction score
I agree with the AMPs. Save your money, or make some financial sacrifices (quit smoking, drinking, eat at home or pack your own lunch, etc) and get the AMPs.

DSTRBD

Reaction score
N-Fab are very nice steps. We have never had an issue with the product, but the company can be a little frustrating to deal with at times. If you want a quote on a set, let me know.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I've got 2 issues with mine that I'm not very happy with.

1) I wear "cowboy" boots almost all the time to work, when I get in the truck I put my foot up and it scratches the front side of the rear of the step because right in front of the heel there are nail heads(hope that makes sense). This in turn has scratched the piss out of my powdercoating and they've now got some rust.

2) They're kinda awkward to get in on the passenger side. It just feels strange because its like gettin in a saddle or on a motorcycle from the wrong side.

I want amps, but my bank accounts been actin up. :doh:

jwlandry

Reaction score
I have n fabs and I like em. But as stated you have to watch your step and be extra careful when they are wet. Also my powdercoat is peeling off and they are less then a year old and the company I bought them from so said they can't do anything about it.

Nate, if you could help me out with getting them swapped out or something done I'd greatly appreciate it.