Egr delete

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
I just ordered my Sinister egr delete yesterday, and I was talking to Spartan today about tuning. They told me that even with their tuner I might still have a check engine light on with the sinister delete, and that I needed to get a street diesel egr instead so the light won't come on.

What's y'all's experience with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Sean is street diesel?

And the sinister does have the tube for the coolant doesn't it?

Yes the sinister delete does have a hose for the coolant to keep it flowing, not just the caps like the H&S delete, but may not have a spot for the sensor

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I looked at the street diesel website and it looks like the coolant lines you need are actually separate of the EGR delete they offer anyways. Best is to call them and ask.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
SDP's EGR delete does not come with the coolant sensor relocation tube. You have to order that separately. If you have a stock intake you may want to ask him about what he did if anything yet to rectify the issues I had while installing one. But you won't have issues if you have an aftermarket intake setup already.

Top notch kit otherwise.
D73F-48DB-B335-E97D95CA5F60-17412-000018E8A8C8FC35.jpg

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
Yeah I finally got on there and checked it out. I'm gonna order the coolant pipe and the spartan from him.

I know it's a little late to ask since I already ordered it, but is the sinister kit a good quality kit? I know alot of people think they have cheap knock offs, but there was a cyber Monday deal

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have a sinister kit on my truck and everything seems to be very nice quality. I will say though that the egt sensor didn't fit in the hole they have in the manifold block off plate. I took it to a local welder and they put a pipe thread bung on it for me.

Sent while I should be working

Idiesel

Reaction score
So what are you guys doing with the sensor that have the sinister kit?

Sent from my iPhone

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
So what are you guys doing with the sensor that have the sinister kit?

Sent from my iPhone

They can buy the street diesel coolant line separately.

Does anybody know if the needed coolant sensor is in the primary system or the secondary system?

Idiesel

Reaction score
It's probably a good idea to keep the sensor don't y'all think?

Sent from my iPhone

WHY NOT

Reaction score
It's probably a good idea to keep the sensor don't y'all think?

Sent from my iPhone

I would think so, but if we have an H&S unit that doesnt require it I would Imagine it is disabled in the tuning, so even if we used the street diesel kit and kept the coolant sensor it wouldnt do us much good

Latest posts

Members online