Coolant Filtration

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Got the parts from NAPA, coming from the water pump, then to the heater core wire. Cut-off valves on both lines at filter base.............just not together.

Tom S

Reaction score
I am also doing Dieselsite I just followed my own path for the hose routing and the bracketry. Very close to the factory hose routing.

Last edited:

PsRumors

Reaction score
I've got the International Water Pump on mine so My filtration just screws onto the pump itself.

That's what I did....love it

I am also doing Dieselsite I just followed my own path for the hose routing and the bracketry. Very close to the factory hose routing.

Great looking base....do you have an over head shot. It doesn't look like there is room to get the filter out.

TyCorr

Reaction score
My buddy has me convinced I need to do this one. We cut one of his old filters open and I am scared that I dont have them on any vehicle.

Tom S

Reaction score
That's what I did....love it

Great looking base....do you have an over head shot. It doesn't look like there is room to get the filter out.

I will take another picture. To get the filter out you just loosen it first a little then take out the two super easy to get to bolts right at the front of the truck then you can move it around all you want. The base was from Bob at Dieselsite and it has a wix filter on there.

I will have to take some pictures to show the hose routing.

Mini-Stroke...

Reaction score
I will take another picture. To get the filter out you just loosen it first a little then take out the two super easy to get to bolts right at the front of the truck then you can move it around all you want. The base was from Bob at Dieselsite and it has a wix filter on there.

I will have to take some pictures to show the hose routing.

Please do, I need to get mine installed and I like the route that you took Tom, looks dang near factory

Tom S

Reaction score

I will see what I can come up with on my design for the hose routing for photos. Basically it is spliced into the hose that comes off the radiator hose with a T and goes to the bottom of the radiator on the passenger side. I think only the later trucks have that.

Last edited:

chromehound

Reaction score
DieselSites setup

coolantfilter.jpg

ytee

Reaction score
I had a coolant filter on the old motor for a long time. I took it off when I changed the turbo to a H2E. Were I had the filter mounted the H2E had the downpipe there. I have been going to reinstall the filter and never have.

Chris

Latest posts

Members online