Subs under rear seat

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
Has anyone put their subs under the rear seat? I've been thinking about this but not know how hard it will be. My rear seat doesn't lift up at all. I was thinking of building a box that mounts to the floor using the seat bolt holes and mounting the seat on top of the box. Prolly lift the seat an inch or 2 higher if i needed to. Thoughts?

Daddyusmaximus

Reaction score
JL Audio makes one they call the "Stealthbox" that fits in the center console. I love mine. It's only a single 10 " sub, so you won't rock the hood, but plenty strong to give you a good bottom end. Very tight accurate bass, it's a sealed box and needs a strong amp to drive it. Not the boomy crap you hear from those ported boxes. If you get the under the seat thing figured out... post photos.

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
JL Audio makes one they call the "Stealthbox" that fits in the center console. I love mine. It's only a single 10 " sub, so you won't rock the hood, but plenty strong to give you a good bottom end. Very tight accurate bass, it's a sealed box and needs a strong amp to drive it. Not the boomy crap you hear from those ported boxes. If you get the under the seat thing figured out... post photos.

Will definitely post up pics if/when I get this figured out. Main thing will be figuring out airspace and all that. Lots and lots of measuring.

Zmann

Reaction score
they actually sell or sold a box that bolted to the top of the seat brackets where the fold out cargo unit mounts .. i think it was downward firing and had an AMP option also

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
they actually sell or sold a box that bolted to the top of the seat brackets where the fold out cargo unit mounts .. i think it was downward firing and had an AMP option also

I have one. Comes with an earthquake sws 10" and I have it powered with a rf300.1

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jdc753

Reaction score
Shouldn't be much of a problem and if you need you can raise the seat up too. I would downfire the sub, give it about 2-3" of air gap between the sub and the floor and then just build out the box to get your desired airspace, for the calculations just round off the dimensions to get a solid rough idea.

but the truck in question is a pre 04 truck so it has the standard bench instead of the folding one with the cargo tray. Should have much more room underneath it too.

Zmann

Reaction score
I thought the seats were the same once you pull the rack out ?

jdc753

Reaction score
naw I think 99-03 trucks have the one seat, where you can flip the brackets and pull the seat forward from the rear wall, while the 04+ trucks have the split multi fold seat with the fixed brackets, cargo tray and all that jazz.

I have even heard of guys adding in the sliding mechanism for the rear seat, just like you would have in an old regular cab bench seat.

me2

Reaction score
Sub'd.

I have my subwoofer and will be attempting this as soon as I get 18 other projects done.

Rupp250

Reaction score
You can build a down firing box under the seat. I had an Re Audio 15" XXX under there for awhile. i built the box so it fit into the recessed area of the seat. Fit the magnet of the speaker in there perfectly.

Latest posts

Members online