68 f250 on 01 frame

rpm-inc

Reaction score
New project....still stripping the 01 down.

Fully built 7.3, BTS, 350/200 from Umlimited, compounds, 05 axles. The 01 is eclb so I will have to shorten the frame.

Not really even started on this, but I have a couple questions, even though I am getting way ahead of myself.

I don't really NEED to use the 01 factory cluster, right? I have a bunch of autometer gauges that I want to put in this-

http://www.classicdash.com/shopping/1967-72-Ford-Truck-Black-Dash-Panel.html

I can get it undrilled and cram a bunch more gauges in there.

I remember driving my psd van around for a while with no cluster at all when I was rewiring for a truck cluster.

I would really like to have cruise control. The donor 01 has cruise, but no way the steering column and wheel will work. How hard would it be to use the factory wiring and my own switches?

01f250cruise.gif

rpm-inc

Reaction score
Well after getting all the wiring out of the donor truck, I decided to keep this as simple as possible.....

I want to get rid of the abs. Any reason I can't just run the front and rear brake lines right from the master and use a proportioning valve?

I hope so because I am stripping the harnesses down to the bare minimum. The only problem I can see so far is the pcm needs a speedo input, and that is generated by the abs module from the rear diff sensor. How can I convert it to something the pcm will recognize?

I could use a van pcm. The vss signal goes right to the pcm, but then I think I would need a pcs to run the trans.

rpm-inc

Reaction score
oss_zpsf1615108.gif

It is an 01. And the speedo wire in the instrument cluster is gy/bk.

So far no wires have been incorrect with alldata, except the pinouts are backwards on the instrument cluster. Been looking at wiring diagrams for probably 8 hours, and another 15 ish dissecting the harnesses.

But if I can disregard the rear diff sensor completely, that would be great!!!! Gonna pull the wires out of the pcm connector for other stuff too.

Last edited:

rpm-inc

Reaction score
What about just removing the abs module from the pump block and running just the 2 differential speed sensor wires in and the vss wire out? I don't even think the module would require power or ground?

rpm-inc

Reaction score
I think this is all I need to make it run and shift.....
2012-12-18163635_zps2b9be109.jpg

This is what is left...
2012-12-18163707_zpsc6d278f7.jpg

chris1978

Reaction score
The dash inserts are pretty sweet. My wife got me one for Christmas for the 67... Going to be nice to gut that old chit out of there...

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2