Keep stacks, or go cool duals?

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've been contemplating getting rid of the stack setup and going with the MBRP cool dual setup. I like the stacks. I like the way they sound, like the way they look, BUT I would like a little bedspace back and would like a toolbox again. I could lose the stacks, slide the veggie tank farther forward, and put a toolbox over it. I have kind of been wanting to change it up a bit anyways, and now I have a chance to trade my stacks straight for the cool duals. Now that I have the chance to do it, I'm second guessing it. Thoughts? Opinions?

Pics for a somewhat comparison...

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

Old style with box and stock exhaust....

FJ015.jpg

FJ013.jpg

FJ014.jpg

littleredstroker

Reaction score
i like stacks. i have a shortbed so i figure ive lost the "bedspace " and am gonna put in a toolbox that sllides up next to the stacks. also have a work truck for hauling stuff if i need

yogi7615

Reaction score
Tough call man. I like how your truck looks with the stacks, but the duals would probably look better as long as the tips are black. Of course, the only opinion that matters is yours.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I like the cool duals over the dual stacks, but im not a fan of dual stacks. I have a muffler back cool dual set of one off my trucks but I dont know if it would be worth it shipping it up to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've got someone local willing to trade a complete MBRP turbo back cool dual setup for this, just not sure if I want to do it or not now. Gonna have to sleep on this one. The truck looks good with the stacks now.

My issue is I have the stacks, then behind my stacks is a 51 gallon WVO tank. I have no bed space in front of the wheel wells at all.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I thought you rode wheelers alot. Theres no way you could even fit one on your truck is there

Sold my race quad a couple years back now, been dying to get another ever since. It's not a big deal to just hook a trailer up to this either, but it would be nice to fit something back there. I put my sled in the back with the tailgate down during the winter sometimes... A wheeler would fit with the gate down, but definitely not with it up. My usable bed space has shrunk quite a bit with everything. I will take a picture of what I have to work with so you can see.

davey99ps

Reaction score
I had a single stack on my ex cab, sb superduty. The only reason i had it was for pulling, otherwise I hated it. I really like the way the cool duals look an I'm thinking about putting them on my obs. In the end though, its your truck and what you like

Latest posts

Members online