Project White Salvage:

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I suppose its time for another build....Thanks to some friends in the North Jersey area, i have picked up a new (to me) 2006 single cab long bed f-250 XL 6.0. Truck was used as an appartment complex service truck, and has seen some better days. However to me it looks like a great plat form for so many different possablilities.

Il be picking up the truck tonight, and i will get some pictures of it posted up in the Morning. This truck has been offically titled White Salvage, as we are planning to bring it back from the dead.

What we know, truck has an oil leak ( The valley fills up with oil after about 5-10 minutes of idling, then spills over the side of the motor) believed to be in need of a new oil cooler. Also will need a new front hub, possibly an oil pan, new bed, soem interior help, and some other cosmetics. We are unsure of the direction the truck will take, but the first goal as stated above, get the truck running and back on the road.....Pics to follow

KidCrane

Reaction score
Here we go again! Can't wait for the build buddy. I say chop the frame and make it a short bed, and don't forget all the go fast parts! Sub'd

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Last night i finally got the truck back home. Had the truck running for about 2 minutes to load it up on the trailer, by the time we got it strapped down, there was a nice pool of oil sitting under the truck!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Here is a picture loaded up on the trailer last night, il get some more up monday when i get some day light shots.
IMG_2120.jpg

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Well here is the list so far:
4" turbo back exhaust
Updated oil cooler
Fuel pressure spring
New Harley head lights
New Harley grille
New front bumper (might do ptm)

Next on the list will need to be a bed/ gate/ bumper
Them some interior work
Not sure where to after that

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Mark cut it up make it a short bed, lower it, big power setup and oh, that KR interior we talked about!!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Hard to tell, 2wd or 4wd? Either way should be a cool truck when it's done

the truck is 4wd

Mark cut it up make it a short bed, lower it, big power setup and oh, that KR interior we talked about!!

josh im working on it, just have to decide what direction i want to go with this thing. First thing is first: fix the issues, and the cosmetics.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Finally able to get some daytime pictures: just wish the weather would get better so i can make some progress

IMG_2135.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2130.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg

and jsut one of the issues

IMG_2131.jpg

old96stroker

Reaction score
Fordfreak, those headlights are making a small trip west to missouri. Looks like you have your work cut out for you Mark, did that thing used to have a plow on it? Looks like they made theirselves extra work around the complex by backing into sh1t, good luck with the build!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Fordfreak, those headlights are making a small trip west to missouri. Looks like you have your work cut out for you Mark, did that thing used to have a plow on it? Looks like they made theirselves extra work around the complex by backing into sh1t, good luck with the build!

yea truck has a western unimount plow frame on it, plow did not come with the truck though. and yes they seemed to have an issues with keeping the bed straight, got my eye on a complete bed set up down near philly, so may have to go pick that up this weekend or next week. Lights will be headed out your way very shortly!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well im happy to report that after having the truck for a week, i still have not had 3 minutes to do anything other than pull the headlights out of the truck. I hope to get some time this weekend and hopefully get the new oil cooler on the truck.

Latest posts

Members online