Alaska?

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Alright Alaskans, I'm heading up to the anchorage area in July for 2 weeks to look around at jobs and housing. I currently live in Wisconsin. What are some pros and cons to living up there? Where in the anchorage area would be a better suited town for me? I'm a small town country kinda guy. Lets hear some of your opinions/recommendations and such. I know there's probably not many of you Alaskans on here, but I'm shure there has to be a few!

BigTonka

Reaction score
I lived in Anchorage for 9 months for work its a awesome city. Make sure you eat at Gwennies Old Alaska Restaurant and Club Paris. As for drink make sure to check out Bernies' Bungalow Lounge.

vcassens

Reaction score
I have never been to Alaska but wondering why you are wanting to move there? Is it just for a change or some other reason?

907DAVE

Reaction score
Not a big fan of that city myself...but I dont really like most citys.

I try and stay away from people if I can help it.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
I would be looking at an outlying town of anchorage. I would shoot myself if I actually lived in the city in the first 2 days haha! Probably thinking Palmer area

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
What about Girdwood area? Seemed nice enough when I was there...not too far from Anchorage.

907stroker

Reaction score
Go north of anchorage and you'll be happy. Palmer or Wasilla area
Or even chugiak or eagle river
I grew up in small town Palmer. Wasilla is starting to develope alot.